Moving a java application to USS question/issues
Nazih Noujaim
2017-12-21 18:35:38 UTC
HI

I am in the process of moving a jar to run on USS. The jar runs on Cygwin successfully. I moved the jar as binary to USS, and FTP'd the input test file as text. The only way the file would run successfully is if I FTP the test input file as Binary and specify a file encoding of CP1252. I tried all different file encoding types and other encoding options but haven't had any luck. The project has an internal table (not in text. Internal language).

The program doesn't return the correct results because it can't find the data from the input file in the table. A display was put in the program of the data read from the file. When the file is FTP'd as Ascii, Z701bbb displays as
\121
\341
\214
\111
@
@
@

When I FTP input file as Binary, it displays correctly and runs successfully.

My question is, Is there any option needed when the project is built so that when the file is read or data passed in from Cobol, it's looking for specific option/conversion of the input characters?

The end goal is to call the jar from my Cobol program passing in the data.

Thank You in advance.

Frank Swarbrick