COBOL VS
W Mainframe
2018-08-01 17:52:54 UTC
Guys,
Anyone is running an old Cobol OSVS (famous AM/RM 24). :)
Thank youDan

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

2018-08-01 18:01:31 UTC
I assume you are referring to 5740-CB1.

I am familiar with it and in one sense might be said to be running it. What is the question?

2018-08-01 18:39:30 UTC
I have at leat one client that more then 50% of his code is Cobol OS/VS.
Modern operating system and Modern IMS & DB2.

ITschak

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 7:53 PM W Mainframe <
Post by W Mainframe
Guys,
Anyone is running an old Cobol OSVS (famous AM/RM 24). :)
Thank youDan
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
ITschak Mugzach
*|** IronSphere Platform* *|* *Information Security Contiguous Monitoring
for Legacy **| *

Edward Finnell
2018-08-01 20:36:42 UTC
There may be a few slash and burn centers in Japan that are still COB/VS and DB/2 1.3. The conversion didn't convert so they reverted to old system and fired everybody involved. They were forking out over $2mil a month just for DB/2 support(this was several yrs back-don't present day status).