OSA-ICC ports are disabled
Jake Anderson
2018-08-09 07:28:05 UTC
Hi

Cross posted .

I was able to bring up the z/OS on tht new hardware z14 successfully.

The OSA base 1000t were plugged into the correct port as per the chpid
mapping output and also the cable was plugged into the correct switch port

Still the status of the OSA shows as DISABLED in HMC. I tried with reset
too but no luck.

Anything that is missing to be checked ?

Regards
Jake.

Michael Babcock
2018-08-09 10:37:01 UTC
We just did this. Make sure you export your old OSA-ICC config from the
old HMC and import it to the new one. Then use Advanced OSA functions,
card specific functions, and validate and activate.

Once we had our new cable plugged in and the ICC imported and activated, we
ended up having to do a power on reset to get the card to come active.

One other thing, I’ve heard there was one report of a ZR1 where OSA’s
wouldn’t work until the OSA cards were reseated by the IBM SSR.
Michael Babcock
Michael Babcock
Pommier, Rex
2018-08-09 14:14:34 UTC
We also just did this literally yesterday! ICC came up disabled. Went through the same process, plugged the ICC in, loaded the configuration from the old machine, and then had to do a POR before it would come up enabled.

One other thing that bit us, we still couldn't get to it from the network. We had to change the port from 3270 to something else. We chose 1024 and then everything started working. I guess the possible restriction is documented at the end of the exception letter but by then my eyes were bleary and I missed that note.

Rex

Post by Jake Anderson
Hi
Cross posted .
I was able to bring up the z/OS on tht new hardware z14 successfully.
The OSA base 1000t were plugged into the correct port as per the chpid
mapping output and also the cable was plugged into the correct switch port
Still the status of the OSA shows as DISABLED in HMC. I tried with reset
too but no luck.
Anything that is missing to be checked ?
Regards
Jake.

The information contained in this message is confidential, protected from disclosure and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, copying, or any action taken or action omitted in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.

Jake Anderson
2018-08-09 15:25:11 UTC
Hi

Thanks All