Processor model not listed in IODF
2018-08-02 08:25:11 UTC
Hi

I have applied toleration maintenance against zOS 2.2 to support z14 zr1
model 3907. All the required and recommended service are applied.

When I try to add new processor I don't find model 3907 in the list. I see
only till 3906.

Any clue where I might be missing ?

John Eells
2018-08-02 10:43:08 UTC
Post by Peter
Hi
I have applied toleration maintenance against zOS 2.2 to support z14 zr1
model 3907. All the required and recommended service are applied.
When I try to add new processor I don't find model 3907 in the list. I see
only till 3906.
Any clue where I might be missing ?
As it happens, I own the ZR1 PSP.

Without exception, when contacted by someone who has used the PSP rather
than HOLDDATA and REPORT MISSINGFIX, something got missed in the manual
process used. So not to contradict you, but if you receive current
HOLDDATA, does REPORT MISSINGFIX show anything? (I assume you are
running on the copy of z/OS you updated with the ZR1 PTFs and handled
all the necessary HOLDDATA correctly.)

I should also mention that at some future point, I intend to stop
putting PTF lists in the PSP.
--
John Eells
IBM Poughkeepsie

Michael Babcock
2018-08-02 10:47:29 UTC
We just did this and 3907 did show up in HCD on our z/OS 2.2 system. I’m
not in the office right now but HCD needs a PTF. Do this, get the latest
HOLDDATA, run an SMPE MISSINGFIX report, Get and apply any 3907
maintenance.

That should resolve any issues. If you don’t use the MISSING FIX report,
I highly recommend it. I also use the SMP RECEIVE ORDER as well. Avoids
having to get maintenance from SHOPz.
2018-08-02 11:02:46 UTC
Hi Mike/John,

I did ran a REPORT MISSINGFIX against required service driver fixcat and
found two ptf which were missing. I am kind of surprised too that these
PTFs didn't show up in RSU1806 and there's source was PUT1803.

Peter
John Eells
2018-08-02 12:18:46 UTC
Post by Peter
Hi Mike/John,
I did ran a REPORT MISSINGFIX against required service driver fixcat and
found two ptf which were missing. I am kind of surprised too that these
PTFs didn't show up in RSU1806 and there's source was PUT1803.
Whether PTFs are marked RSU depends on the PTF close dates and the
quarterly RSU testing dates.

The moral of the story: Just use current HOLDDATA and REPORT MISSINGFIX
to identify the PTFs you need for new processors (and for anything else
we provide FIXCAT HOLDs for, too!).

I highly recommend that people not rely on the PSP (it is accurate, but
the manual process involved in checking the requirements that way is
error-prone), or PUTnnnn levels, or RSUnnnn levels to provide hardware
or functional support.
--
John Eells
IBM Poughkeepsie