SMFLIMxx Enhancement
Michael Babcock
2018-10-10 18:56:42 UTC
Would anyone else like to see the TIME parameter added to the filter
attributes in SMFLIMxx?

We have a JES2 exit 6 that cancels any job in a particular jobclass if
anyone codes a TIME= parameter greater than 30 seconds on the Jobcard. If
implemented properly, we could eliminate exit code if SMFLIMxx had the TIME
filter. A purely selfish reason but it may help others as well. Just
trying to gauge support before I open an RFE.

Clark Morris
2018-10-10 20:38:13 UTC
[Default] On 10 Oct 2018 11:56:42 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main
Post by Michael Babcock
Would anyone else like to see the TIME parameter added to the filter
attributes in SMFLIMxx?
We have a JES2 exit 6 that cancels any job in a particular jobclass if
anyone codes a TIME= parameter greater than 30 seconds on the Jobcard. If
implemented properly, we could eliminate exit code if SMFLIMxx had the TIME
filter. A purely selfish reason but it may help others as well. Just
trying to gauge support before I open an RFE.
You could be friendlier to your programmers by setting jobclass based
on number of tape drives required, time on the job card and any other
criteria your organization currently uses to determine jobclass. One
sample exit is in the Philips Lighting mods on the CBT tape (file 432
as I recall). It also set FCB based on forms. If you have questions
post here and I'll try to help by e-mail or get I can get in touch
with you by phone if you are in the United States or Canada. You may
also need to code another JES exit because of changes since 1992.

Clark Morris (retired from Philips Lighting)