CICS and DB2
2018-05-07 20:16:57 UTC
If you have not done so you might try posting on either the CICS or DB2 lists

To join, use these URLs

DB2 http://www.idug.org/

CICS http://www.listserv.uga.edu/archives/cics-l.html

Porowski, Kenneth
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2018 12:24 PM
Subject: CICS and DB2
Has anyone managed to configure a connection from CICSTS running on z/OS to a
DB2 UDB running on Windows?
Specifically without having to have DB2 on z/OS.
2018-05-08 14:04:11 UTC
Has anyone managed to configure a connection from CICSTS running on z/OS
to a DB2 UDB running on Windows?
Specifically without having to have DB2 on z/OS.
​As Lizette indicated, you might get some better answers over on the CICS-L
or DB2-L forums. But I don't think you will have any luck. This is just a
"gut feeling" that I have. The reason is that you need to be able to
coordinate syncpoints, or "two phase commits" between CICS & DB2 (whether
on z/OS or UDB). And that piece of software, although it runs in CICS, is
only supplied when you get z/OS DB2.

ref: https://www.idug.org/p/fo/et/topic=19 (db2)
ref: http://www2004.lsoft.se/scripts/wl.exe?SL1=CICS-L&H=LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
(how to subscribe to CICS-L)​
--
We all have skeletons in our closet.
Mine are so old, they have osteoporosis.