Storage hot/cold analysis
Sankaranarayanan, Vignesh
2018-07-03 14:17:40 UTC
Hello listers,

From your experiences, what are the options available for identifying active/meh/cold VOLSER/tape volume.
What are the kind of reports and fields that are worth reporting on.

As always, thanks for sharing your experiences!

- Vignesh
Mainframe Infrastructure

MARKSANDSPENCER.COM
________________________________
Unless otherwise stated above:
Marks and Spencer plc
Registered Office:
Waterside House
35 North Wharf Road
London
W2 1NW

Registered No. 214436 in England and Wales.

Telephone (020) 7935 4422
Facsimile (020) 7487 2670

www.marksandspencer.com

Sankaranarayanan, Vignesh
2018-07-05 08:40:49 UTC
Any thoughts on this folks?

- Vignesh
Mainframe Infrastructure

2018-07-05 12:10:39 UTC
Post by Sankaranarayanan, Vignesh
Any thoughts on this folks?
What you're asking is somewhat ambiguous.

What do you mean with 'hot' and 'cold'?

Also you said: "active/meh/cold VOLSER/tape volume."

What is "meh"?
Post by Sankaranarayanan, Vignesh
What are the kind of reports and fields that are worth reporting on.
Do you have any sample reports you have tried out? Perhaps you can post it here on IBM-MAIN?

Martin Packer
2018-07-05 14:15:05 UTC
"Meh" is "meh". :-) If I say "hardly worth looking up" I think you'll get
the joke. :-)

Cheers, Martin

Martin Packer

zChampion, Systems Investigator & Performance Troubleshooter, IBM

+44-7802-245-584

email: ***@uk.ibm.com

Twitter / Facebook IDs: MartinPacker

Blog:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/MartinPacker

Podcast Series (With Marna Walle): https://developer.ibm.com/tv/mpt/ or

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/mainframe-performance-topics/id1127943573?mt=2

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu_65HaYgksbF6Q8SQ4oOvA
Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

2018-07-05 14:23:07 UTC
"Meh" is "meh". :-) If I say "hardly worth looking up" I think you'll get the joke. :-)
Hahahaha! LOL! Yes, Martin I got the joke! You're a zChampion of course! ;-D

Thanks!