RMF Spreadsheet report 4 hour rolling MSU
Jorge Garcia
2016-10-10 09:08:38 UTC
Hi all,

We try to obtain a RMF spreadsheet report to show 4 hour avg MSU. I can only obtain with OVW statement Actual number of consumed MSUs but we're interesting in GCMSUACT OVW statement Actual MSU consumption for the capacity
group and in 4 hour avg MSU, but there isn't OVW statement available for this metric.
Is there any spreadsheet report available for obtain these values?
How can we specified the GCMSUACT OVW statement in postprocessor STEP?
Are the default RMF spreadsheet macros available to process this OVW statement?

Regards

Jorge Garcia Juanino
Gerente sistemas z/OS
ACTP – DIAC – Operación y Soporte EMEA
MAPFRE
Avenida del Talgo 100-103 – 3ª Planta
CP 28023 Madrid
Tel. 91 581 27 34, Movil 618333559
***@mapfre.com

Andrew Rowley
2016-10-11 04:04:05 UTC
Hi Jorge,

I don't know how to get these reports from the RMF spreadsheet reporter,
but EasySMF has 4 hour average MSU reports, including calculated 4 hour
values by service/report class and largest jobs:
http://www.blackhillsoftware.com/docs/easysmf/4_hour_service_reports.htm

If you are interested you can use it for free for 30 days with a 30 day
trial:
http://www.blackhillsoftware.com/30-day-trial/

Regards

Andrew Rowley
Post by Jorge Garcia
[...]
Black Hill Software
+61 413 302 386

John Zoppetti
2016-10-12 11:31:12 UTC
Jorge,

If you have the Tivoli Decision Support product (MVS Performance Management Component), I have coding and reporting I can share with you. It provides me with daily reporting on hourly MSU usage and 4-hour rolling average MSU's by LPAR and by mainframe. The reporting matches the SCRT reports that I send IBM each month. I use the reports during the month to monitor MSU usage and also to validate the monthly SCRT reports.

John Zoppetti
Mainframe Support
U. S. Steel

Jorge Garcia
2016-10-13 07:11:48 UTC
Hi John,

I don't have Tivoli Decision Support.

Regards

John Wallin
2016-10-13 12:52:10 UTC
Hello John,
I do have TDS. May I get a copy of your query and reports?
Regards,
John

Jorge Garcia
2016-10-14 07:28:32 UTC
Hi all,

Peter Mailand, from RMF IBM team, answers me. This value is available with the overview statement LACS,LACSM,LACSA,LACSB and you obtain overview records. Then you can process with Generic Overview Report Spreadsheet .

Regards

John Zoppetti
2016-10-14 10:04:02 UTC
John, an email with the info is on the way to you. Let me know how successful it is.

John Zoppetti
Mainframe Support
U. S. Steel

Tony Brandao
2018-06-06 14:57:54 UTC
Hi john,

can you send me a copy of your report to use too ? for TDS.

Best regards