[EXTERNAL] Re: Zowe question for IBM
Sankaranarayanan, Vignesh
2019-01-10 13:14:06 UTC
Thank you Matt, are you working on something in this area.. ?

Just wanted to hear from experienced z folk on whether the thing I've mentioned below sounds doable.
And if it seems simpler than zOSMF + Zowe.
Reckon the "security module" for IHSA can even be baked into core IHSA, if it isn't a function abstract-able to a mere 'module' level
If accessibility (API modules for IHSA) to system functions is established, then IHSA itself can provide DoS mitigation, rate limiting, etc, as should a web server (or some light-weight product on top of it).
If it were me, I wouldn't let the community design the puzzle pieces that speak HTTP on one end and function/component-specific, native API on the other.. IBM is best placed to make this happen since they've got the teams designing and maintaining parts of z/OS.

It would be superb if this functionality comes as a IHSA edition or some such.
IHSA normal web server edition vs IHSA total control edition.

– Vignesh
Mainframe Infrastructure

2019-01-10 13:34:49 UTC
Post by Sankaranarayanan, Vignesh
If it were me, I wouldn't let the community design the puzzle pieces that speak HTTP on one end and function/component-specific, native API on the other.. IBM is best placed to make this happen since they've got the teams designing and maintaining parts of z/OS.
For good or bad I work for IBM :) The community is mostly made up of system engineers that have been building Z products for years. We’re hoping that like CBT and other open source venues to have folks contribute and make their creations available via Zowe.

Matt Hogstrom
***@hogstrom.org
PGP Key: 0x90ECB270

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
-Mark Twain
[...]
+1-919-656-0564
PGP Key: 0x90ECB270
Facebook <https://facebook.com/matt.hogstrom <https://facebook.com/matt.hogstrom>> LinkedIn <https://linkedin/in/mhogstrom <https://linkedin/in/mhogstrom>> Twitter <https://twitter.com/hogstrom <https://twitter.com/hogstrom>>