zFS V5: Good news.
Vernooij, Kees - KLM , ITOPT1
2018-06-05 07:04:23 UTC
Hello,

Some good news, benefits free for all.

After installing z/OS V2.2, we carefully converted some zFS-s from V4 to V5.
V5 should better tune the zFS traffic and give each system more autonomic access to the zFS, eliminating the need to route traffic through the 'owing' system.

Since we encountered no problems, we took the deep dive and added "converttov5=on" to IOEFSPRM with our last Sysplex IPL round.
The results were impressive:

- A huge reduction in XCF traffic, in the IOEZFS Group by 99% and in the SYSGRS Group by 80%.

- A substantial CPU reduction in the XCFAS and the GRS address space by a factor 2 - 3. This resulted in a noticeable reduction of the LPAR CPU consumption in some LPARs, mainly those LPARs that did not really use the zFS-s, but were designated as owner by ownership-automove because of IPLs of former owning LPARs.

As I said: it is free, grab it.

Kees.

For information, services and offers, please visit our web site: http://www.klm.com. This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged material intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you are notified that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this message.

Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for any delay in receipt.
Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij N.V. (also known as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines) is registered in Amstelveen, The Netherlands, with registered number 33014286

Dyck, Lionel B. , RavenTek
2018-06-05 11:56:23 UTC
This is good information.

Is there a command that will list the zFS version for all zFS data sets?

Lionel B. Dyck (Contractor) <sdg><
Mainframe Systems Programmer - RavenTek Solution Partners

Dyck, Lionel B. , RavenTek
2018-06-05 12:00:50 UTC
I found the answer - the command to display all zFS files and their version is:

zfsadm aggrinfo -long

Cheers

suresh chacko
2018-06-05 14:39:18 UTC
Dear V.Kees, Lionel,

Very good information and command.

Thanks,
Suresh N Chacko

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 4:00 PM, Dyck, Lionel B. (RavenTek) <
zfsadm aggrinfo -long
Cheers