LISTCAT OBSERVATION
willie bunter
2018-07-03 16:11:31 UTC
Hallo To All,
Just curious.  I just noticed the following when I do a LISTCAT via ISPF 3.4
 ENCRYPTIONDATA                      DATA SET ENCRYPTION-----(NO)
Was it always there?  If not would anybody know when it began to appear?  We are running RELEASE z/OS 02.02.00
Thanks.

ITschak Mugzach

Ed Jaffe
2018-07-03 16:32:36 UTC
Post by willie bunter
Hallo To All,
Just curious.  I just noticed the following when I do a LISTCAT via ISPF 3.4
 ENCRYPTIONDATA                      DATA SET ENCRYPTION-----(NO)
Was it always there?  If not would anybody know when it began to appear?  We are running RELEASE z/OS 02.02.00
That's part of the new pervasive encryption support with z/OS and IBM Z.
(I'm fairly certain you've heard of this...)

Once you start encrypting data sets, you will see the key label appear
there. For example, here is the key label that protects our
z/OS-resident zFS providing common file server storage to our Windows
and Mac clients via SMB and NFS:

ENCRYPTIONDATA
  DATA SET ENCRYPTION----(YES)
  DATA SET KEY LABEL-----SYS2.PHXHQ.CSFKEYS.IBMDATA.AES256.PUBLIC1
--
Phoenix Software International
Edward E. Jaffe

This e-mail message, including any attachments, appended messages and the
information contained therein, is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient or have otherwise
received this email message in error, any use, dissemination, distribution,
review, storage or copying of this e-mail message and the information
contained therein is strictly prohibited. If you are not an intended
of this email message and do not otherwise utilize or retain this email
message or any or all of the information contained therein. Although this
email message and any attachments or appended messages are believed to be
free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into
which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient
to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by the
sender for any loss or damage arising in any way from its opening or use.