MSG IEFA111I SWA=BELOW,TIOT SIZE=32K,DSENQSHR=DISALLOW,GDGBIAS=JOB
Carmen Vitullo
2018-08-10 13:30:57 UTC
looks like a new message for 2.3 and new values , parms added to the ALLOC member

Explanation: This message describes selected settings that will be used for the job. These settings may come from
several different sources, such as the JOB statement, the job class attributes, ALLOCxx settings, or system defaults.

Carmen Vitullo

2018-08-10 13:34:55 UTC
Nope. This can only be changed by command. JES2 will remember prior settings until changed via command.
$TJOBCLASS(*),SWA=ABOVE
$TJOBCLASS(STC),SWA=ABOVE <-----
$TJOBCLASS(TSU),SWA=ABOVE
It sounds (to me) like someone issue the command previously and reality and JESPARM have gotten out of sync.
I can't believe $T JOBCLASS commands will affect STCs started before JES2 was up, or started by subsystems other than JES2.
Pew, Curtis G
2018-08-10 14:04:33 UTC
Post by Giliad Wilf
I can't believe $T JOBCLASS commands will affect STCs started before JES2 was up, or started by subsystems other than JES2.
I can’t either. But does the master subsystem support SWA=ABOVE?
--
Pew, Curtis G
***@austin.utexas.edu

Carmen Vitullo

Giliad Wilf
2018-08-10 14:23:10 UTC
Post by Pew, Curtis G
Post by Giliad Wilf
I can't believe $T JOBCLASS commands will affect STCs started before JES2 was up, or started by subsystems other than JES2.
I can’t either. But does the master subsystem support SWA=ABOVE?
--
Pew, Curtis G
ITS Systems/Core/Administrative Services
Your idea can be tested.
I only need to write a simple IEFUJV that sets SWA=ABOVE and see what does MSG IEFA111I say for all those STCs that showed SWA=BELOW earlier.
Larre Shiller
2018-08-10 14:26:24 UTC
Ding! I asked IBM about this message earlier this year and here was the response:

"After examining this issue, we do agree the documentation in the V2R3 z/OS MVS System
Messages, Vol 8 (IEF-IGD) for Message IEFA111I is incomplete. We spoke
with development and they already created a RCF, Reader's Comment Form,
for this issue. The documentation will be updated in the next book
release.

In regard to SWA, all started tasks/jobs submitted under JES3, will
default to JES3's settings. However, if a started task were to run under
SUB=MSTR, then the IEFA111I Message will always output SWA=BELOW.
Currently, all started tasks submitted under MSTR will be ran with
SWA=BELOW. Please Note: Any task(s) started before JES will also run
under MSTR as well."

Larre