REFVTOC query
2018-08-16 05:45:57 UTC
Hi

We have moved some DASD volumes from VMAX to DS8800. Those were the volume
which had mod-3 originally but after migration still they show mod-3 .

I know these DASD are mod9. I did REFVTOC but still it shows 3k cylinder

Anything needs to be done ? If Iam missing

2018-08-16 09:25:13 UTC
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.1.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r1.ickug00/ick40560.htm

REFVTOC does say it rebuilds the FMT4 with new volume size. Has a
dataset been allocated / expanded / deleted on the volume? SMS
doesn't update until this happens.