Import Connect
Buckton, T. , Theo
2018-08-08 09:44:50 UTC
Hi There,

Please assist. I imported a user catalog to another master catalog with these parameters - which ended ok:
IMPORT CONNECT -
OBJECTS((CATALOG.NED1PLEX.THEOTST -
DEVICETYPE(3390) -
VOLUMES(BKMSHR))) -
CATALOG(CATALOG.S0M0PLEX.ZOS.SYSTEM23)

When displaying the HLQ CATALOG, I can see this catalog amongst all other catalogs, but when displaying the full name it says "no data set names found". A LISTC shows CATALOG.NED1PLEX.THEOTST not listed.

Anything that I missed?

Regards
Theo

Nedbank Group Limited Internal Use Only
********************

Nedbank disclaimer and confidentiality notice:

This email may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this email or all or some of the information contained therein, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this email is neither an offer or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, nor is it an official confirmation of any transaction or an official statement of Nedbank. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Nedbank. Nedbank Ltd Reg No 1951/000009/06.

The following link displays the names of the Nedbank Board of Directors and Company Secretary. [http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/DirectorsNedbank.htm]

If you do not want to click on a link, please type the relevant address in your browser

Blake, Daniel J [CTR]
2018-08-08 11:02:57 UTC
Is CATALOG.S0M0PLEX.ZOS.SYSTEM23 a mastercat?

;-D an

Buckton, T. , Theo
2018-08-08 11:25:38 UTC
Thanks for the feedback... Actually I found my mistake... and that is precisely the issue as you mentioned... this catalog is not the master catalog...

2018-08-08 15:14:12 UTC
Be careful about repointing aliases to a newly IMPORTed catalog. An alias can point to only one 'user catalog' at a time. If you repoint to the new guy, you will no longer get automatic resolution to the old guy.