List of EBCDIC code pages supported by iconv?
Phil Smith III
2018-01-02 18:07:50 UTC
Just curious; what would you do with this information if you had it? Copy
to a User's Guide? Would it be better simply to refer to one of the
documents
above lest IBM change the rules?
No, and that's a reasonable question. It has to do with round-trip
portability between those code pages and Unicode stuff. Related to
encrypting data with Format-Preserving Encryption.

Thanks for all the answers; I did what you suggested earlier,
cross-referenced CCSIDs with iconv -l and got a nice list of 141 of 'em.

2018-01-02 18:28:30 UTC
Post by Phil Smith III
No, and that's a reasonable question. It has to do with round-trip
portability between those code pages and Unicode stuff. Related to
encrypting data with Format-Preserving Encryption.
Aha! Now you need to verify for 141 x 70 pairs. (I hope the diagonal
is trivial.) MBCS aggravates the burden.