OT - BREXIT parameter in CICS
2018-08-09 14:07:01 UTC
It is almost Friday.

I'm not a CICS guy, but while looking up something I stumbled across this:

From the CICS TS Reference, "Transaction Resources", I just learnt that the CICS developers at Hursley long foresaw the UK will leave the EU one day or the other: There is a transaction definition parameter called BREXIT, and an associated START BREXIT command.

LOL. Too cute not to share.

Steve Smith
2018-08-09 16:28:28 UTC
fwiw, it is Friday in Australia, China, and Japan...

I have no idea what the etymology of that CICS version of BREXIT is, but it
occurs to me that it could a synonym of IEFBR14 (BR EXIT), as any program*
launched by the system has R14 pointing at an EXIT SVC.

sas

*except the exceptions, which of course there are legion.
Post by Peter Hunkeler
It is almost Friday.
From the CICS TS Reference, "Transaction Resources", I just learnt that
the CICS developers at Hursley long foresaw the UK will leave the EU one
day or the other: There is a transaction definition parameter called
BREXIT, and an associated START BREXIT command.
LOL. Too cute not to share.
sas