Off topic - FTP client/server for android that supports the android SD card
Binyamin Dissen
2017-12-29 12:43:05 UTC
Everyone that I have tried does not give access to the SD card where the big
files are.

Any recommendations?

--
Binyamin Dissen <***@dissensoftware.com>
http://www.dissensoftware.com

Jackson, Rob
2017-12-29 13:52:26 UTC
I use the FtpCafe client, which supports it just fine for uploads and downloads. After connecting, on the LOCAL tab, you navigate to /sdcard (which maps to /storage/emulated/0 on my phone) and take it from there. I don't run a server on it.

2017-12-29 13:53:36 UTC
Post by Binyamin Dissen
Everyone that I have tried does not give access to the SD card where the big
files are.
Any recommendations?
I don't have access to an FTP server right now to test it, but ES File Explorer provides FTP support, and its other functions support the SD card, so it might do what you need, Binyamin.
--
Walt

Binyamin Dissen
2017-12-30 18:43:40 UTC
Thanks. That one worked.

On Fri, 29 Dec 2017 07:54:54 -0600 Walt Farrell <***@GMAIL.COM>
wrote:

:>On Fri, 29 Dec 2017 14:44:20 +0200, Binyamin Dissen <***@DISSENSOFTWARE.COM> wrote:
:>
:>>Everyone that I have tried does not give access to the SD card where the big
:>>files are.
:>>
:>>Any recommendations?
:>

Alan Young
2017-12-29 17:54:24 UTC
Total Commander with the ftp plugin works for me on Android 4.4.
However, you may be dealing with a version of Android where the external
sdcard permissions were "locked down" by Google and/or the phone/tablet
manufacturer. The application may need to be granted access to the
sdcard or it has access to limited directories on the sdcard. It depends
on the android version and manufacturer on how to achieve read and/or
write access to the external card.