SoftAudit ?
Dyck, Lionel B. , TRA
2017-05-10 14:20:02 UTC
Whatever happened to SoftAudit from Isogon? Did IBM pick it up and rename it or did it die with the IBM acquisition?

Are there any other products that will detect the running programs and identify them back to a vendor and product?

Thanks in advance

Lionel B. Dyck
Mainframe Systems Programmer - TRA
Enterprise Operations (Station 200) (005OP6.3.10)
Information and Technology, IT Operations and Services

Mark Jacobs - Listserv
2017-05-10 14:23:47 UTC
I think it was rebranded as Tivoli Asset Manager.
May 10, 2017 at 10:20 AM
Whatever happened to SoftAudit from Isogon? Did IBM pick it up and
rename it or did it die with the IBM acquisition?
Are there any other products that will detect the running programs and
identify them back to a vendor and product?
Thanks in advance
Lionel B. Dyck
Mainframe Systems Programmer - TRA
Enterprise Operations (Station 200) (005OP6.3.10)
Information and Technology, IT Operations and Services
Please be alert for any emails that may ask you for login information
or directs you to login via a link. If you believe this message is a
phish or aren't sure whether this message is trustworthy, please send
--
Mark Jacobs
Time Customer Service

The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.
Lt. Gen. David Morrison

Stewart Gray
2017-05-10 14:41:23 UTC
Hi Lionel

IBM picked up SoftAudit and it was renamed to TLCM (Tivoli License Compliance Manager).

TLCM was later replaced TADz (Tivoli Asset Discovery for system z). TADz stores it data in a database (such as DB2) and includes a number of improvements .. example Version detection, and reports are generally a lot more detailed including FMID info etc.

TADz can be pricey though.
Norbert Friemel
2017-05-10 14:42:35 UTC
Post by Dyck, Lionel B. , TRA
Whatever happened to SoftAudit from Isogon? Did IBM pick it up and rename it or did it die with the IBM acquisition?
Are there any other products that will detect the running programs and identify them back to a vendor and product?
https://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/ShowDoc.wss?docURL=/common/ssi/rep_sm/4/897/ENUS5698-AA4/index.html
http://ubs-hainer.com/solutions/p-tracker

Norbert Friemel

Lucas Rosalen
2017-05-10 14:46:56 UTC
I don't know what kind of contract you need, but I've worked for customers
that would only gather data for TADz and send to IBM, so their reports
would be produced at an IBM mainframe instead of a customer-owned one.
I was also able to use TADz Analyzer hosted on an IBM site (but fed with
customer data), which I found to be a very good tool to discover who/what
used which software/version when. Very granular data in a distance of a
mouse click.

*Lucas Rosalen*
Emails: ***@gmail.com / ****@pl.ibm.com
<***@br.ibm.com>*
LinkedIn: http://br.linkedin.com/in/lrosalen
Phone: +48 (71) 792 809 198
Dyck, Lionel B. , TRA

Craig Pace
2017-05-10 16:25:48 UTC
When IBM picked up Softaudit, they renamed it to Tivoli License Compliance Manager for z/OS.

There are some others out there; however, used it up to V4R2 and it was the best on the market by far.

http://www-03.ibm.com/software/products/en/tivolilicensecompliancemanagerforzos

Thanks,

Craig

This communication contains information which is confidential and may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s), please note that any distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and then destroy any copies of it.

Cheryl Watson
2017-05-15 04:45:16 UTC
FYI - The Tivoli License Compliance Manager was replaced in 2009 by IBM's TADz - https://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/rep_ca/7/897/ENUS909-167/ENUS909-167.PDF.

Cheryl