Linking module in SMP/E with ++JCL
Fred Kaptein
2017-08-28 20:27:57 UTC
Hello,
I am having problem applying a USERMOD when using SMP/E.
I have a ++JCLIN statement within the USERMOD to do a LINK.
The USERMOD RECEIVES and APPLYs okay, but the LINK is not done.
The JCL within the ++JCLIN statement is okay, I can run it outside of SMP/E and it LINKs successfully.

Can anyone tell me why the following usermod does not link.

++USERMOD (LM2TBT0)
++VER (Z038) FMID(HDZ2210)
++JCLIN.
//IGGPRE00 JOB (SOFTN002),'IGGPRE00 ',
// CLASS=K,TIME=5,NOTIFY=&SYSUID,MSGCLASS=X
//*
//* EDIT ASSEMBLE IGGPRE00 & LINK TO LPALIB
//*
//ACFLINK EXEC PGM=IEWL, ACF2 MODULE LINK PROCEDURE
// PARM='RENT,LET,LIST,XREF,SIZE=(512K,96K)'
//SYSLMOD DD DISP=SHR,DSN=SYS1.LPALIB
//SYSUT1 DD UNIT=SYSDA,SPACE=(TRK,(10,10))
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//ACFMOD DD DISP=SHR,DSN=SYS2A.CA.LINKLIB
//SYSLIN DD *
INCLUDE ACFMOD(ACF$GCVT)
INCLUDE ACFMOD(ACF00GCB)
INCLUDE LPALIB(IGGPRE00)
ENTRY IGGPRE00
NAME IGGPRE00(R)
++SRC(IGGPRE00) DISTLIB(AVPSSRC).
IGGPRE00 TITLE 'DF/DS PREPROCESSING EXIT FOR NEW DASD ALLOCATION'
" source statements "

2017-08-28 21:11:06 UTC
I don't know what messages you are seeing, but we have several analogous usermods. First problem I see is that the +USERMOD is missing a closing period. ++JCLIN is a separate statement that should also have its own period.

Fred Kaptein
2017-08-28 21:31:46 UTC
Sorry, there is a period in the ++USERMOD statement.
++USERMOD (LM2TBT0).

There are no error messages, the USERMOD is RECEIVED and APPLIED successfully. However, it does not link.

SYSMOD STATUS REPORT FOR APPLY PROCESSING SYSMODS APPLIED - 1
SYSMOD STATUS TYPE FMID

LM2TBT0 APPLIED USERMOD HDZ2210

ELEMENT ELEMENT ELEMENT CURRENT CURRENT DISTLIB SYSLIB ASSEM LOAD LMOD SYSMOD SYSMOD
TYPE NAME STATUS FMID RMID LIBRARY LIBRARY NAMES MODULE SYSLIB NAME STATUS

SRC IGGPRE00 APPLIED HDZ2210 LM2TBT0 AVPSSRC SMPSTS IGGPRE00 IGGPRE00 LPALIB LM2TBT0 APPLIED

note there is no MOD element

Steely.Mark
2017-08-28 21:35:12 UTC
Have you tried the ASSEM option on the apply.

Binyamin Dissen
2017-08-29 07:01:34 UTC
On Mon, 28 Aug 2017 16:32:57 -0500 Fred Kaptein <***@HPE.COM> wrote:

:>Sorry, there is a period in the ++USERMOD statement.
:>++USERMOD (LM2TBT0).

:>There are no error messages, the USERMOD is RECEIVED and APPLIED successfully. However, it does not link.

:>SYSMOD STATUS REPORT FOR APPLY PROCESSING SYSMODS APPLIED - 1
:>SYSMOD STATUS TYPE FMID

:>LM2TBT0 APPLIED USERMOD HDZ2210

:>ELEMENT ELEMENT ELEMENT CURRENT CURRENT DISTLIB SYSLIB ASSEM LOAD LMOD SYSMOD SYSMOD
:>TYPE NAME STATUS FMID RMID LIBRARY LIBRARY NAMES MODULE SYSLIB NAME STATUS

:>SRC IGGPRE00 APPLIED HDZ2210 LM2TBT0 AVPSSRC SMPSTS IGGPRE00 IGGPRE00 LPALIB LM2TBT0 APPLIED

:>note there is no MOD element

Don't recall if ++SRC also causes a MOD member to be reported.

But why do you think it wasn't linked? Show the full SMPOUT and SMPRPT.

--
Binyamin Dissen <***@dissensoftware.com>
http://www.dissensoftware.com

2017-08-28 21:44:38 UTC
I can't put my finger on it, but you seem to have a lot of lines that you don't need. In particular, you don't need a job card. Here's the wrapper for a simple SMF exit. It always assembles and links the module. A MOD statement is implied by the JCLIN.

//SMPPTFIN DD DATA,DLM=$$
++USERMOD (SMFACT1) REWORK(2014171) .
++VER (Z038) FMID (HBB7790) .
++JCLIN .
//SMFACT1 EXEC LINKS,PARM='XREF,LIST,LET,NCAL,RENT'
//AOSB3 DD DISP=SHR,DSN=SYS1.AOSB3
//SYSLMOD DD DISP=SHR,DSN=SYS1.LINKLIB
//SYSLIN DD *
INCLUDE AOSB3(SCEACTLG)
MODE AMODE(31) RMODE(ANY)
NAME SCEACTLG(R)
++SRC(SCEACTLG) DISTLIB(ASAMPLIB) .
full asm source goes here
$$

Tom Marchant
2017-08-28 22:28:43 UTC
Post by Fred Kaptein
Hello,
I am having problem applying a USERMOD when using SMP/E.
I have a ++JCLIN statement within the USERMOD to do a LINK.
The USERMOD RECEIVES and APPLYs okay, but the LINK is not done.
The JCL within the ++JCLIN statement is okay, I can run it outside of SMP/E and it LINKs successfully.
The way to code JCLIN is to describe how to build a target
element from distribution libraries.
Your INCLUDE LPALIB(IGGPRE00) should be INCLUDE AOSD0(IGGPRE00).
I'm not sure, but IIRC ACFMOD is a target library, and LINKLIB
will cause confusion

The DDNAMEs used in the JCLIN should match the low level
qualifiers of the DSNAME, and these should be Distribution
library data sets, NOT Target library data sets. It is not
required that the SYSMODs that provide the elements have
been accepted.

SYSLMOD is correct, it specifies the target library to contain
the load module. Only the low level qualifier is significant, and
saved by SMP/E.

When the DDNAME and the low level qualifier are not the same,
I don't remember which one SMP/E will use for the DDNAME
for the bind, but I think it is the LLQ.

I'm not sure, but IIRC ACFMOD is a target library, and
LINKLIB will cause confusion. I believe that DD statement tells
SMP/E that the element comes from distribution library LINKLIB.
This is clearly incorrect.

As Skip noted, you don't need the JOB card.
Nor do you need SYSPRINT or SYSUT1.
These are not used by SMP/E
Jousma, David
2017-08-29 11:00:52 UTC
I used to have an IGGPRE exit. Here are the relevant parts of mine.

//SMPPTFIN DD DATA,DLM=ZZ
++USERMOD(MSMS001) .
++VER(Z038) FMID(HDZ1C10).
++SRC(IGGPRE00) DISTLIB(AOSD0) .
IGGPRE00 CSECT
IGGPRE00 AMODE 31
IGGPRE00 RMODE 24
IEFUCBOB
CVT DSECT=YES
END IGGPRE00
ZZ
//

Would do the assembly/linkedit automatic.
Dave Jousma
Manager Mainframe Engineering, Assistant Vice President
***@53.com
1830 East Paris, Grand Rapids, MI  49546 MD RSCB2H
p 616.653.8429
f 616.653.2717

**DO NOT open attachments or click on links from unknown senders or unexpected emails**

[...]

For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email to ***@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN **CAUTION EXTERNAL EMAIL**

**DO NOT open attachments or click on links from unknown senders or unexpected emails**

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.