CSSMTP debug No Brackets Allowed
Keith Hays
2018-06-06 15:10:34 UTC
CSSMTP DEBUG :010:mlCfgProcessConfigStmt:No brackets allowed
CSSMTP DEBUG :010:mlCfgProcessConfigStmt:tokenArrayÝ0¨ 5 Ý1¨ , i 7,
CSSMTP INFO :010:mlCfgProcessConfigStmt:Statement(166): 'LogLevel
7
CSSMTP DEBUG :010:mlCfgProcessConfigStmt:No brackets allowed

I am getting numerous lines in my CSSMTP sysout warning me that no brackets
are allowed. I have triple checked the config and don't have brackets in
the statement lines referenced. This does not stop the program from
working, simply clutters up sysout.

Anyone know the source of the problem?
--
Very Respectfully,

Keith A Hays
***@gmail.com
614-634-1671

Beesley, Paul
2018-06-07 07:25:20 UTC
I noticed this also and don't think it is a problem at all. Think it's just over zealous debugging on the part of the developer reminding themselves of the syntax requirements. Otherwise, it makes no sense.

Paul

CSSMTP DEBUG :010:mlCfgProcessConfigStmt:No brackets allowed CSSMTP DEBUG :010:mlCfgProcessConfigStmt:tokenArrayÝ0¨ 5 Ý1¨ , i 7,
CSSMTP INFO :010:mlCfgProcessConfigStmt:Statement(166): 'LogLevel
7
CSSMTP DEBUG :010:mlCfgProcessConfigStmt:No brackets allowed

I am getting numerous lines in my CSSMTP sysout warning me that no brackets are allowed. I have triple checked the config and don't have brackets in the statement lines referenced. This does not stop the program from working, simply clutters up sysout.

Anyone know the source of the problem?
--

Very Respectfully,

Keith A Hays
***@gmail.com
614-634-1671

Atos, Atos Consulting, Worldline and Canopy The Open Cloud Company are trading names used by the Atos group. The following trading entities are registered in England and Wales: Atos IT Services UK Limited (registered number 01245534), Atos Consulting Limited (registered number 04312380), Atos Worldline UK Limited (registered number 08514184) and Canopy The Open Cloud Company Limited (registration number 08011902). The registered office for each is at Second Floor, Mid City Place, 71 High Holborn, London, WC1V 6EA. The VAT No. for each is: GB232327983.

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee, and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you receive this e-mail in error, you are not authorised to copy, disclose, use or retain it. Please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your systems. As emails may be intercepted, amended or lost, they are not secure. Atos therefore can accept no liability for any errors or their content. Although Atos endeavours to maintain a virus-free network, we do not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and can accept no liability for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted. The risks are deemed to be accepted by everyone who communicates with Atos by email.

Roger Bolan
2018-06-07 10:05:37 UTC
There ARE brackets. Brackets are not at consistent code points in all code
pages. In this line
"010:mlCfgProcessConfigStmt:tokenArrayÝ0¨ 5 Ý1¨ , i 7,"
there are brackets. View that line using different code pages and you
should see them.
You will see "TokenArray[0] 5[1] ". I used to deal with this all the time
writing C code. Depending on if I wrote the code on my 3279 terminal or
PC and moved the code to the host, I would have to adjust the code for
brackets for what the compiler expected. Try using the ISPF Browse
display ccsid command to see them.
Turn hex on too. I am on my phone or I could show it.
--Roger

to ***@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN

Ray Pearce
2018-06-07 11:18:27 UTC
I don't use CSSMTP but those look like DEBUG messages.
What do you have specified for LogLevel in your CSSMTP configuration?

LogLevel 64
<quote>
Debug-level messages are logged. These messages are internal debug messages intended for development and IBM® service use only.
</quote>

Ray Pearce

CSSMTP DEBUG :010:mlCfgProcessConfigStmt:No brackets allowed CSSMTP DEBUG :010:mlCfgProcessConfigStmt:tokenArrayÝ0¨ 5 Ý1¨ , i 7,
CSSMTP INFO :010:mlCfgProcessConfigStmt:Statement(166): 'LogLevel
7
CSSMTP DEBUG :010:mlCfgProcessConfigStmt:No brackets allowed

I am getting numerous lines in my CSSMTP sysout warning me that no brackets are allowed. I have triple checked the config and don't have brackets in the statement lines referenced. This does not stop the program from working, simply clutters up sysout.

Anyone know the source of the problem?
--
Very Respectfully,

Keith A Hays
***@gmail.com
614-634-1671

This e-mail message has been scanned and cleared by Google Message Security
and the UNICOM Global security systems. This message is for the named
person's use only. If you receive this message in error, please delete it
and notify the sender.

Beesley, Paul
2018-06-07 11:37:33 UTC
The LogLevel is ignored until CSSMTP is initialised - apparently to assist with problems if it fails to initialise. Once it's up it sets your value of LogLevel.

Paul

2018-06-07 13:55:44 UTC
Post by Roger Bolan
There ARE brackets. Brackets are not at consistent code points in all code
pages. In this line
"010:mlCfgProcessConfigStmt:tokenArrayÝ0¨ 5 Ý1¨ , i 7,"
there are brackets. View that line using different code pages and you
should see them.
I hate EBCDIC! How much wasted effort (and wasted IBM-MAIN bandwidth)
have EBCDIC and its code pages caused?

Frank Swarbrick
2018-06-07 17:09:29 UTC
Sounds like you should write an RFE for z/OS to support ASCII and/or UTF-8 for all system and subsystem interfaces.
:-)
________________________________

2018-06-07 17:14:57 UTC
That doesn't solve the problem of incompatible EBCDIC code pages. Perhaps an option to translate from the current locale?

2018-06-07 17:23:38 UTC
I hate PC code pages! How much wasted effort have PC code pages caused? Take the m$ versions of the ISO code pages please!

Mike Stayton
2018-06-07 14:06:40 UTC
Paul is correct. The DEBUG message indicates that the statement cannot have brackets.

Former IBM employee.
Mike

2018-06-07 17:42:55 UTC
Post by Seymour J Metz
That doesn't solve the problem of incompatible EBCDIC code pages. Perhaps an option to translate from the current locale?
z/OS UNIX files can be tagged with a code page, but not Classic data sets, nor
SYSOUT, nor Linux files. Has anyone a scheme to translate the SYSOUT CHARS
parameter (available through SDSF) to/from a CCSID?

2018-06-07 17:55:17 UTC
z/OS UNIX files can be tagged with a code page,
Yes, if it's a tagged Unix file than the code page should be taken from the file. Otherwise they should use the locale.
Post by Paul Gilmartin
Has anyone a scheme to translate the SYSOUT CHARS
parameter (available through SDSF) to/from a CCSID?
It would be installation dependent.

Roger Bolan
2018-06-08 01:28:34 UTC
OK. I'm at my desk.
Using a PCOMM session defaulting to 1047.
In ISPF Browse, using DISPLAY CCSID 1047
I see "010:MLCFGPROCESSCONFIGSTMT:TOKENARRAYÝ0M 5 Ý1M , I 7,"
but if I use DISPLAY CCSID 037
I see "010:MLCFGPROCESSCONFIGSTMT:TOKENARRAY[0] 5 [1] , I 7,"
and I can see the brackets.

Oddly, when I try that again on a PCOMM session defaulting to 037
I see the opposite results. I see brackets with DISPLAY CCSID 1047
and I see "010:MLCFGPROCESSCONFIGSTMT:TOKENARRAY[0M 5 [1M , I 7,"
if I use DISPLAY CCSID 037.

So there is some interaction between your Terminal Emulator code page and
the ISPF Browse
Display that I can't explain.

While this looks right to me as I paste it into Gmail, who knows what will
happen when I
press Send.

--Roger
2018-06-08 02:05:45 UTC
Post by Roger Bolan
OK. I'm at my desk.
Using a PCOMM session defaulting to 1047.
In ISPF Browse, using DISPLAY CCSID 1047
I see "010:MLCFGPROCESSCONFIGSTMT:TOKENARRAYÝ0M 5 Ý1M , I 7,"
but if I use DISPLAY CCSID 037
I see "010:MLCFGPROCESSCONFIGSTMT:TOKENARRAY[0] 5 [1] , I 7,"
and I can see the brackets.
Oddly, when I try that again on a PCOMM session defaulting to 037
I see the opposite results. I see brackets with DISPLAY CCSID 1047
and I see "010:MLCFGPROCESSCONFIGSTMT:TOKENARRAY[0M 5 [1M , I 7,"
if I use DISPLAY CCSID 037.
So there is some interaction between your Terminal Emulator code page and
the ISPF Browse
Display that I can't explain.
Absolutely. If I set x3270 to IBM-1154, the following UNIX file tagged 1154
displays nicely. I issue no DISPLAY command; ISPF picks up the CCSID from
the filetag and the login handshaking:
Host: IBM-1047 output: from_IBM-1154
0 16 32 48 64 80 96 112 128 144 160 176 192 208 224 240
0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 a0 b0 c0 d0 e0 f0

0 0 & - Њ ц й я ь { } \ 0
1 1 љ / Ћ a j ~ ы A J € 1
2 2 ђ њ Ѓ Ќ b k s з B K S 2
3 3 ѓ ћ Ё ­ c l t ш C L T 3
4 4 ё ќ Є Ў d m u э D M U 4
5 5 є ў Ѕ Џ e n v щ E N V 5
6 6 ѕ џ І ю f o w ч F O W 6
7 7 і Ъ Ї а g p x ъ G P X 7
8 8 ї № Ј б h q y Ю H Q Y 8
9 9 ј Ђ Љ ` i r z А I R Z 9
10 a [ ] | : ÐŽ к р Б Ð¥ Н Т З
11 b . $ , # е л с Њ И О У К
12 c < * % @ ф ÐŒ т Д Й П Ж Э
13 d ( ) _ ' г Ðœ у Е К Я В Щ
14 e + ; > = х П ж Ѐ Л Р Ь Ч
15 f ! ^ ? " О п в Г М С Ы
Post by Roger Bolan
While this looks right to me as I paste it into Gmail, who knows what will
happen when I press Send.
The intended ']' display as 'M'.
Post by Roger Bolan
Post by Seymour J Metz
Post by Paul Gilmartin
z/OS UNIX files can be tagged with a code page,
Yes, if it's a tagged Unix file than the code page should be taken from
the file. Otherwise they should use the locale.
Is "locale" part of the ISPF environment?
Post by Roger Bolan
Post by Seymour J Metz
Post by Paul Gilmartin
Has anyone a scheme to translate the SYSOUT CHARS
parameter (available through SDSF) to/from a CCSID?
It would be installation dependent.
Damn! Can't IBM do anything consistent? Given any CCSID there
ougnt to be a SYSOUT CHARS setting to print that file with that
character set.

Here's my test code page generator:

2018-06-08 02:10:43 UTC
Oops. Trying again:

2018-06-08 16:27:06 UTC
What are people using these days, Latin-1 (ISO 8859-1), Latin-9 (ISO 8859-15) or some m$ perversion of one of them?

2018-06-08 16:06:06 UTC
Thanks to everyone for their input.
I am using Log Level 7.
The general consensus seems to be a code conversion issue.
Since CSSMTP is working properly for me, I will ignore the messages.

-Keith Hays
Probably the codepage in use. Check the hex values for the characters
CODEPAGE 1047 vs 037(?)
CSSMTP DEBUG :010:mlCfgProcessConfigStmt:No brackets allowed CSSMTP
DEBUG :010:mlCfgProcessConfigStmt:tokenArrayÝ0¨ 5 Ý1¨ , i 7,
CSSMTP INFO :010:mlCfgProcessConfigStmt:Statement(166): 'LogLevel
7
CSSMTP DEBUG :010:mlCfgProcessConfigStmt:No brackets allowed
I am getting numerous lines in my CSSMTP sysout warning me that no
brackets are allowed. I have triple checked the config and don't have
brackets in the statement lines referenced. This does not stop the program
from working, simply clutters up sysout.
Anyone know the source of the problem?
--
Very Respectfully,
Keith A Hays
614-634-1671
--------------------------------------
intended for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted,
corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain
viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or without
referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator
or HCL or its affiliates. Views or opinions, if any, presented in this
email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the
views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction,
dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or
publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized
representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before
opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and
other defects.
--------------------------------------
Very Respectfully,

Keith A Hays
***@gmail.com
614-634-1671

2018-06-08 18:18:27 UTC
Post by Seymour J Metz
What are people using these days, Latin-1 (ISO 8859-1), Latin-9 (ISO 8859-15) or some m$ perversion of one of them?
Context? Most desktop systems seem to be gravitating to UTF-8.

Is UTF-8 with a BOM perversion enough?

2018-06-08 18:26:18 UTC
The context is data that are not Unicode.

Ban the BOM! IETF recommends leaving UTF-8 files alone, but m$ can't be bothered. Did I mention that I hate editors that corrupt my source files, as well as the compilers that can't be bothered to display the hex encoding of invalid nondisplayable characters?

2018-06-08 20:54:39 UTC
Post by Seymour J Metz
The context is data that are not Unicode.
Ban the BOM! IETF recommends leaving UTF-8 files alone, but m$ can't be bothered.
It's more complicated thatn that, but, yes:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byte_order_mark#UTF-8
Post by Seymour J Metz
... Did I mention that I hate editors that corrupt my source files, as well as the compilers that can't be bothered to display the hex encoding of invalid nondisplayable characters?
Or squeeze several characters of illegible hex into a single character cell.

2018-06-10 22:30:30 UTC
Note really; you need to go to the standards organizations rather than relying in wiki. For examples, see RFC 3629 and 5198.

https://secure-web.cisco.com/14OGdRIm-oPSUHZYv7yeKxJQiIUMe4YVxXB7P0Gu66LhAAOTE0D8VTnGA2ql-nNaUr6fKgX18MVaFodasjLEMAKvqkIR6exR9QPzrrGIbfxLiJmY3FB6QwiruWjB8joyCYd2SMHnkDKcYqFI1TSNsXp5NAOiI-US27C8airLRMW3D09Jx_LA4oQ2eq8kc5wcDT3srmJbIX3XDiAIyl7YBnxJaDppTg9qVXRJ5IoLdJFXEU5qO0RPD5ygNaitH_EELsIBQ8tKsy7pLe1GtDRDy19fbDdvfI5Ecrz0T6wzx29jBMzeg3NsHz4NQvef65cFyTuJmLA02l_vWgPPKrO6RkTFOTzDukEeT-wWlUjhFjA_beGwFhh__n6-KZqk2jxy7llXxz04cyrV7ppfqJ3o2R6yJaASY_1T2LThokfxpBcCn7TW2fMyxMpfiiu-OMk9b/https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FByte_order_mark#UTF-8