Automation of MQ CSQ1LOGP
Add Reply
Donald Likens
2017-06-03 14:38:30 UTC
I am attempting to monitor MQ. To that affect I want to look at the logs (forgive me I do not know much about MQ).

I found the CSQ1LOGP utility and am using the extract function. I was able to get this to work using the ARCHIVE DD however it failed with the following message when I only specified the BSDS.

CSQ1210E LOG READ ERROR, RETCODE=00000008 REASON CODE=00D10014

It appears that I need to specify the ARCHIVE DD! Now to my question...

I want to run CSQ1LOGP periodically to extract the logs. I know I could write a REXX to do this but before I re-invent the wheel, did anyone come up with a way to automatically figure out what the active archive datasets are and create DD cards?

For example our archive datasets are:

CSQARC1.CSQ7.A0000011
CSQARC1.CSQ7.A0000012

The LLQ is created by MQ.

2017-06-04 16:13:20 UTC
Tapping my old buddy Google, I found this:

00D10014

Explanation

The job control language (JCL) for an invocation of the log print utility (CSQ1LOGP) specified the use of the bootstrap data set (BSDS), but the utility control statements did not specify values for RBASTART and RBAEND.

The RBASTART and RBAEND values must be specified when using the BSDS, although they are not required when using the active or archive logs.

System action

No error is issued by log services, and no information is written to SYS1.LOGREC data set.

System programmer response

Either:

Continue to use the BSDS, but change the utility control statements to specify values for RBASTART and RBAEND
Change the JCL to use the active and archive data sets instead
For more information about log services, refer to the Administering z/OS.

Donald Likens
2017-06-05 21:51:27 UTC
Thanks but I guess I am doing something wrong with the BSDS because when I attempt to use it I get...

CSQ1210E LOG READ ERROR, RETCODE=00000008 REASON CODE=00D10014

2017-06-05 21:57:33 UTC
Did you see my previous response?