OT: Hot Topics (sort off ... ;-D )
2018-06-29 10:05:24 UTC
Warning - this post is very hot and off-topic...

Today is Friday, the last one of this month, I am going on leave for the rest of this month of June 2018... ;-)

Here are some great hot news about 'hot topics', it is not about that famous z/OS Hot Topics, sorry, but about those new probes to check up the bright hot sun by going way too near to the sun.

Parker Solar Probe to be launched on or after 2018-07-31.

https://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/parker-solar-probe-humanity-s-first-visit-to-a-star

... and ESA own Solar Orbiter to be launched in October 2018.

http://sci.esa.int/solar-orbiter/55772-solar-orbiter-launch-moved-to-2018/

I tried to 'explain' to NASA and ESA that they should do their probing work in the night, but ... ;-D

Ok, Back to my scheduled z/OS, RACF and Mainframe discussions and rants ...

Have a great weekend...

Phrase of the week: "Remember now, the first 5 days after a weekend are always hard!"

2018-06-29 13:03:49 UTC
If only the launch pad and control center was at the south pole. The
north pole the ice would drift away.

Nightwatch RenBand
2018-07-02 16:34:29 UTC
Parker Solar Probe to be launched on or after 2018-07-31.

Do not be silly Engelbrecht, Capt Kirk and crew will have gone (note the
tense) far closer back in the 1960's. ; ^ )