VTAM ADJSSCPS Display
Add Reply
Rob Schramm
2017-12-06 16:18:23 UTC
I am looking for some clarification

When I issue

D NET,ADJSSCPS

Is it only showing information on adjacent SSCPs that are in-use? I am
working on a system that has a lot of old definitions that I want to clean
up.

The book says
"The DISPLAY ADJSSCPS (adjacent system services control points) command
displays user-defined and dynamically built adjacent SSCP tables and
user-defined adjacent CDRM lists. If a user-defined adjacent SSCP table or
CDRM list exists, VTAM® displays information from that table or list. If no
user-defined table exists, or if there is a table, but it does not contain
any applicable entries, VTAM displays information from the dynamic adjacent
SSCP table"

Because my display is pretty short and there are a lot of adjacent SSCPs
defined. Of course if I issue the D NET,ADJSSCPS,SCOPE=ALL everything is
listed.

Thanks,
Rob Schramm
--
Rob Schramm

Mike Wawiorko
2017-12-07 11:09:21 UTC
It is a very long time since we became APPN only and removed all CDRMs and ADJSSCPs.

From long distant memory I seem top recall that there is a separate ADJSSCP table for each SNA subarea network you connect to.

D NET,ADJSSCPS will show your default table for same-network SSCPs/CDRMs.

D NET,ADJSSCPS,NETID=network will show your other ADJSSCP tables.

Please check the SNA Operation manual in KC as this was all very long ago.

Mike Wawiorko

[...]

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the addressee and may also be privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee, or have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately, delete it from your system and do not copy, disclose or otherwise act upon any part of this e-mail or its attachments.

Internet communications are not guaranteed to be secure or virus-free. The Barclays Group does not accept responsibility for any loss arising from unauthorised access to, or interference with, any Internet communications by any third party, or from the transmission of any viruses. Replies to this e-mail may be monitored by the Barclays Group for operational or business reasons.

Any opinion or other information in this e-mail or its attachments that does not relate to the business of the Barclays Group is personal to the sender and is not given or endorsed by the Barclays Group.

Barclays Bank PLC. Registered in England and Wales (registered no. 1026167). Registered Office: 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP, United Kingdom.

Barclays Bank PLC is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register No. 122702).