IOEZ00793E Error=111 reason=EF016015 received while attempting to convert directory / to version 5 format
Add Reply
Jantje.
2018-06-27 16:01:38 UTC
Dear Listers,

Can anyone please point me to some documentation where the error code and/or reason code for the above error message is?

I am converting directories in a zFS to version 1.5 and for some directories this is not working. I get the above error message, but the manual says only:
<quote>
IOEZ00793E Error=ReturnCode reason=ReasonCode received while attempting to convert directory name to version 5 format
Explanation
The directory failed to convert to version 5 format.

ReturnCode
The error code.
ReasonCode
The reason code.
name
The directory name.
System action
The program continues.

Severity
svc_c_sev_error

Administrator Response
Correct the error and try again.
</quote>

OK, great. :-( what is the error???

Thanks and very best regards,

Jantje.

Tom Conley
2018-06-27 16:12:36 UTC
Post by Jantje.
Dear Listers,
Can anyone please point me to some documentation where the error code and/or reason code for the above error message is?
<quote>
IOEZ00793E Error=ReturnCode reason=ReasonCode received while attempting to convert directory name to version 5 format
TSO BPXMTEXT EF016015. If that doesn't work, run it directly from
SYS1.SBPXEXEC or whatever name you call that dataset.

Regards,
Tom Conley

Steely.Mark
2018-06-27 16:18:06 UTC
zFS Thu Jan 26 14:45:58 EST 2017

Action: The user did not have the correct permission on the object for the
operation requested. Change the permissions on the object or have a user that
is authorized execute the operation.
***

Can anyone please point me to some documentation where the error code and/or reason code for the above error message is?
<quote>
IOEZ00793E Error=ReturnCode reason=ReasonCode received while attempting to convert directory name to version 5 format
TSO BPXMTEXT EF016015. If that doesn't work, run it directly from
SYS1.SBPXEXEC or whatever name you call that dataset.

Regards,
Tom Conley

*** Disclaimer ***
This communication (including all attachments) is solely for the use of the person to whom it is addressed and is a confidential AAA communication. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, distribution, printing, or copying is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please immediately delete it and notify the sender.

Jantje.
2018-06-29 10:36:29 UTC
Post by Tom Conley
TSO BPXMTEXT EF016015.
THANK YOU!! This is useful. Why is this not mentioned in the book, one wonders...

Jantje.

Jantje.
2018-06-29 10:42:06 UTC
Post by Steely.Mark
zFS Thu Jan 26 14:45:58 EST 2017
Action: The user did not have the correct permission on the object for the
operation requested. Change the permissions on the object or have a user that
is authorized execute the operation.
***
Thanks. Now the next hurdle is to find out what the correct permission is on what object and for what operation.

<RANT>
All you software vendors, please, next time you put out an error message, include the relevant information: what operation exactly was attempted on which object, and what was the expected and the actual obtained result? I mean, when you write that IF statement to test that return code, you know what is happening (and what is going wrong...), so, please, TELL US.
</RANT>

I'll find out, eventually…

Jantje.