SCDS SYS1.SCDS IS AN INVALID
Add Reply
johnnydeep san
2017-11-26 16:36:31 UTC
Hello all,

I did "SCDS BASE ALTER" for adding a new system, getting below error while
trying to activating CDS. Please guide me

"IGD049I ACTIVATE FAILED - SCDS SYS1.SCDS IS AN INVALID CONFIGURATION "
.

++JD++

Doug Shupe

2017-11-26 16:44:12 UTC
First step is to look up the message and see if it helps

What steps did you take to add the new system to SMS?

Did you do a validate after doing your steps?

When was the last time you successfully added a system to the SMS configuration? Do you have a checklist of what steps to take when adding a new system to the configuration? Please provide them

IGD049I
ACTIVATE FAILED - {SCDS|ACDS} dsname IS AN INVALID CONFIGURATION
Explanation
An ACTIVATE request attempted to use the storage management subsystem (SMS) data set name, which is either:

source control data set (SCDS)
active control data set (ACDS)

If the data set is SCDS, the data set has an incorrect status because the configuration was not validated when it was defined or modified through ISMF. If the data set is ACDS, the data set is one of the following:

In error
Empty
Does not exist

In the message text:

dsname
The data set name.

System action

The system ignores the request.
Operator response

Notify the system programmer.
System programmer response

If the data set is a SCDS, validate the data set using ISMF. Reinitiate the ACTIVATE request. If the data set is an ACDS, correct the data set. Reinitiate the ACTIVATE request.

Behalf Of johnnydeep san