MPF exit question
Add Reply
Tony Thigpen
2018-01-03 14:26:58 UTC
I know this seems a simple question, but I can't seem to find an answer
in the doc.

When utilizing the MPFLST00 member, what is the maximum length for the
message id? And, what characters can it contain?

I have some application programs that put out messages where the first
word on the console can be 12 to 16 characters long.

I also have a case where the (so called) message id from the application
program contains what might be considered non-normal characters (+-$%$)
and in some cases, even a space in the middle.
--
Tony Thigpen

Vernooij, Kees - KLM , ITOPT1
2018-01-03 14:36:19 UTC
See: "Statements and parameters for MPFLSTxx" in initialization and tuning reference, chapter MPFLSTxx.
There is the complete definition of MSGID.

Grtn,
Kees.
I know this seems a simple question, but I can't seem to find an answer
in the doc.
When utilizing the MPFLST00 member, what is the maximum length for the
message id? And, what characters can it contain?
I have some application programs that put out messages where the first
word on the console can be 12 to 16 characters long.
I also have a case where the (so called) message id from the application
program contains what might be considered non-normal characters (+-$%$)
and in some cases, even a space in the middle.
--
Tony Thigpen
For information, services and offers, please visit our web site: http://www.klm.com. This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged material intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you are notified that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this message.

Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for any delay in receipt.
Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij N.V. (also known as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines) is registered in Amstelveen, The Netherlands, with registered number 33014286

2018-01-03 14:38:15 UTC
I know this seems a simple question, but I can't seem to find an answer in
the doc.
When utilizing the MPFLST00 member, what is the maximum length for the
message id? And, what characters can it contain?

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSLTBW_2.1.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r1.ieae200/conparm.htm

====

Statements/parameters for MPFLSTxx
msgidIdentifies a message or group of messages to be processed. The
msgid consists
of:

- A complete message identifier of one to ten characters. This is known
as a *specific* message identifier.
- A message prefix, which is a portion of the message identifier,
followed by an asterisk(*). This is known as a *generic* message
identifier.
- A single quotation mark (') is *not* a valid character in a message
identifier.

A message identifier begins with the first non-blank character of the
message text and continues until the next blank

====​
I have some application programs that put out messages where the first
word on the console can be 12 to 16 characters long.
​Use the allowed maximum of 10 characters, but make the last of those be an
asterisk. This makes the msgid be a "generic" which will match _all_ msgids
which match the leading characters. You must then have the code which runs
when the match occur compare the actual, entire, msgid.​
I also have a case where the (so called) message id from the application
program contains what might be considered non-normal characters (+-$%$) and
in some cases, even a space in the middle.
​A space unconditionally terminates the msgid. So something like "ABB CDDF"
has a msgid of "ABB".​
--
Tony Thigpen
I have a theory that it's impossible to prove anything, but I can't prove

Tony Thigpen