Transmitting a job
Steely.Mark
2018-03-12 18:59:36 UTC
We are trying to transmit a job from the current system to another system. The job
transmit and executes successfully if it connected directly to the other node. When the job needs to
go through one node to get to the other node it fails.

Scenario : A to B success , B to A success. D to B success. B to D Success. A to B to D fails. D to
B to A fails. We receive the following messages on B:

$HASP329 TS0242DD JOB VALIDATION FAILED WITHOUT ACCOMPANYING MESSAGE
SECURITY PRODUCT RETURN CODE = 00000008 REASON CODE = 00000000
$HASP250 TS0242DD PURGED -- (JOB KEY WAS D404982C)

I did a TSSTRACK and received:

B 0828 00JES2 J F *MISSING ACSCD *07* VFX HA$PSUBS *BELOW*
NAME=** UNDEFINED ACID **

07 = PASSWORD MISSING

We are not sure when this stopped working but we did upgrade from R15 to R16 of TSS several weeks ago.

We do not have any nodes defined in TSS.

Any help would be appreciated. We are z/OS V2.2.

Thanks

*** Disclaimer ***
This communication (including all attachments) is solely for the use of the person to whom it is addressed and is a confidential AAA communication. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, distribution, printing, or copying is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please immediately delete it and notify the sender.

Cieri, Anthony
2018-03-12 22:05:13 UTC
You stated that: We are not sure when this stopped working but we did upgrade from R15 to R16 of TSS several weeks ago.

Are you sure that the "indirect" path DID work at one time???

If so, this most likely does NOT apply.

If the "indirect" path has never worked, then this sounds similar to a problem we have s few years back, before TSS r16 and z/OS V2.2
We moved an application for a business partner from one JES2 MAS to another. The business partner had a Direct connection to the old MAS but NOT to the new MAS. We thought we could simply route SYSOUT and Jobs from our new MAS to our "old" MAS and then to the business partner. This worked OK for SYSOUT, but NOT for batch jobs. The jobs failed on the business partners' system because the node of origin was NOT defined. In your scenario that would translate to node A and node D are NOT defined to each other!!!

Once our business partner added JES2 definitions for our new MAS ( the new node of origin) the batch jobs transmitted and executed successfully!!

Not 100% sure this is your issue, but I thought I would mention it........

Tony