Function in SDSF to list Dynamic Exits
2018-07-04 18:19:55 UTC
I just stumbled across this a z/OS V2.1 - Just in case anyone else is having to
work with z/OS Dynamic Exits

In SDSF there is a new function/Panel DYNX - I found it to be very helpful

Lizette Koehler
statistics: A precise and logical method for stating a half-truth inaccurately

2018-07-04 20:46:06 UTC
For those who have not yet come face to face with the latest SDSF (2.3), here's the current menu of available functions. Many require additional SAF authorization to run even though they appear on the user's menu. I would prefer that they not appear at all if not authorized, but that's grist for RFE Land.

NAME Description Group

DA Active users Jobs

I Input Queue Jobs

O Output Queue Output

H Held output Queue Output

ST Status of jobs Jobs

JG Job groups JES

SYM System symbols System

LOG System log Log

SR System requests Log

MAS Members in the MAS JES

JC Job classes JES

SE Scheduling environments WLM

RES WLM resources WLM

ENC Enclaves WLM

PS Processes OMVS

SYS System information System

ENQ Enqueues System

DYNX Dynamic exits System

AS Address space memory Jobs

INIT Initiators JES

PR Printers JES

PUN Punches JES

RDR Readers JES

LINE Lines Network

NODE Nodes Network

SO Spool offload JES

SP Spool volumes JES

NS Network servers Network

NC Network connections Network

RM Resource monitor JES

CK Health checker System

LNK Link list data sets System

LPA Link pack data sets System

APF APF data sets System

PAG Page data sets System

PARM Parmlib data sets System

PROC Proclib data sets JES

SSI Subsystem information System

CFC CF Connections Sysplex

CFS CF Structures Sysplex

VMAP Virtual storage map Memory

SMSG SMS storage groups Devices

SMSV SMS volumes Devices

FS File systems OMVS

CSR Common storage remaining Memory

GT Generic tracker System

NA Network activity Network

DEV Device activity Devices

ULOG User session log Log

2018-07-05 04:27:47 UTC
Many require additional SAF authorization to run even though they appear on the user's menu. I would prefer that they not appear at all if not authorized, but that's grist for RFE Land.
Is it? I thought it was part of SDSF customization to let different groups see different sets of functions. I never did this customization myself, but I do remember to have seen different sets.

Rob Scott
2018-07-05 08:25:01 UTC
Skip

By default, commands that you do not have access to via ISFCMD or group authority will not appear on the SDSF main menu.

You can issue the "SET MENU ALL" to show all commands and unauthorised commands will have the "Status" of "Command not authorized".

You can issue "SET MENU HIDE" to revert back to default behaviour.

Rob

I just stumbled across this a z/OS V2.1 - Just in case anyone else is having to work with z/OS Dynamic Exits

In SDSF there is a new function/Panel DYNX - I found it to be very helpful

Lizette Koehler

statistics: A precise and logical method for stating a half-truth inaccurately

This communication and any attachments may contain confidential information of Rocket Software, Inc. All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Rocket Software immediately and destroy all copies of this communication. Thank you.

2018-07-05 12:25:46 UTC
Post by Rob Scott
By default, commands that you do not have access to via ISFCMD or group authority will not appear on the SDSF main menu.
Indeed! Please see (watch the wrrrrrrap!) this URL:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSLTBW_2.3.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r3.isfa500/rescmds.htm

... for a list of profiles starting with ISFCMD in SDSF RACF Class.

Abilities to use or see unauthorised screens/commands are also managed by:
ISFPARM (If you use SERVER.NOPARM in SDSF class)
ISFPRMxx
RACF Classes - TSOAUTH/FACILITY/SDSF/LOGSTRM/OPERCMDS/XFACILIT.

See this site for a loooooooooooong list of resources to protect everthing in SDSF:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSLTBW_2.3.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r3.isfa500/aperes.htm
Post by Rob Scott
You can issue the "SET MENU ALL" to show all commands and unauthorised commands will have the "Status" of "Command not authorized".
Or go to pull-down menu. Select 'Display', then select '1. Panels' to see all and every panels in SDSF world.

M***@SEB.SE
2018-07-05 12:35:11 UTC
Det här är ett test

2018-07-05 14:17:19 UTC
Post by M***@SEB.SE
Det här är ett test
Dit is 'n toets (In Afrikaans!)

And your Swedish test is working.

I (and rest of IBM-MAIN) got your test under grave danger! ;-)

2018-07-05 22:30:37 UTC
We IPLed a new system today with 2.3. My SDSF menu is in 'hide mode'. All of the following options are displayed, but none of them works.

PROC Proclib data sets JES
SSI Subsystem information System
CFC CF Connections Sysplex
CFS CF Structures Sysplex
VMAP Virtual storage map Memory
SMSG SMS storage groups Devices
SMSV SMS volumes Devices
FS File systems OMVS
CSR Common storage remaining Memory
GT Generic tracker System
NA Network activity Network
DEV Device activity Devices

"ISF452E SDSFAUX communications failed, return code 0x00000008, reason code |
"0x00360806, function "query xxxx". Not authorized for request" |

Rob Scott

https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ibm.com%2Fsupport%2Fknowledgecenter%2Fen%2FSSLTBW_2.3.0%2Fcom.ibm.zos.v2r3.isfa500%2Frescmds.htm&amp;data=02%7C01%7CRScott%40ROCKETSOFTWARE.COM%7C7bb1378c6e0a4d4b145908d5e2c6ed39%7C79544c1eed224879a082b67a9a672aae%7C0%7C0%7C636664266386648391&amp;sdata=5tc3rolN4Jk0YPBCObJut01H0kKDD9Gv7NV%2BkdrHJpc%3D&amp;reserved=0

https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ibm.com%2Fsupport%2Fknowledgecenter%2Fen%2FSSLTBW_2.3.0%2Fcom.ibm.zos.v2r3.isfa500%2Faperes.htm&amp;data=02%7C01%7CRScott%40ROCKETSOFTWARE.COM%7C7bb1378c6e0a4d4b145908d5e2c6ed39%7C79544c1eed224879a082b67a9a672aae%7C0%7C0%7C636664266386648391&amp;sdata=PIAyZ1x%2BqnJ2rWyjhgvS5aO%2FRXw6RVHuWcScQOgM9vY%3D&amp;reserved=0

Rob Scott
2018-07-06 08:13:04 UTC
Skip

One thought that occurs about this situation that would make SDSF behave against its normal processing logic is when the installation has an ISFUSER exit installed.

The ISFUSER exit could be changing the "command authorization" bits in the user parm area for a user that does not have SAF authority to the ISFCMD.ODSP.* profile.

Regards

Rob