IBM Doc Buddy V2 – Connecting with IBM Z users through mobile
Add Reply
Parwez Hamid
2017-09-10 11:56:24 UTC
For those who are interested, IBM has released V2. The reviews for the earlier version mixed. Hopefully V2 is an improvement.

This IBM mobile application that enables IBM to connect with its IBM Z users in real time. With this latest release of the app, users can search product messages, read the best-selected technical content about IBM Z products.

More than 4000 downloads, including 1000 new downloads in the past 15 days from Google Play and Apple App Store. In the future, more features will be added to engage users, encourage users to co-create content, and interact with each other.

Giliad Wilf
2017-09-10 13:00:41 UTC
Alas, it requires iOS 9.0 or later, which I don't have (my iPhone 4 runs iOS 7.1.2)...
2017-09-10 14:46:18 UTC
I can just hear all of the Z sysprogs shouting "I wish IBM could connect with me in real time on my cellphone!"

Ed Jaffe
2017-09-10 15:07:18 UTC
Post by Parwez Hamid
For those who are interested, IBM has released V2. The reviews for the earlier version mixed. Hopefully V2 is an improvement.
FWIW, I was on a conference call last week with Tom Conley
(***@rochester.rr.com) where he warned everyone on the call to stay
away from the new Doc Buddy release.

Apparently, the "developers" broke the Back Button behavior so that it
now exits the app instead of going back! OMG how frustrating would that
be?! He says IBM is looking into it...
--
Phoenix Software International
Edward E. Jaffe

2017-09-10 17:28:09 UTC
Post by Ed Jaffe
Post by Parwez Hamid
For those who are interested, IBM has released V2. The reviews for the earlier version mixed. Hopefully V2 is an improvement.
FWIW, I was on a conference call last week with Tom Conley
away from the new Doc Buddy release.
Apparently, the "developers" broke the Back Button behavior so that it
now exits the app instead of going back! OMG how frustrating would that
be?! He says IBM is looking into it...
Is this for SAA compatibility? I remember that when SAA was thrust upon us,
many semantics of PF3 seemed to change from "back" to "exit".

Parwez Hamid
2017-09-11 09:16:33 UTC
This problem should be fixed this week. It only impacted Android OS.