some software withdrawal from marketing announcements (to me)
2017-12-05 19:22:31 UTC
From
http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/ShowDoc.wss?docURL=/common/ssi/rep_ca/9/897/ENUS917-189/index.html&lang=en&request_locale=en

COBOL 4.2 on March 12, 2018.
PL/I 4.x on March 12, 2018

The only reason I mentioned the above is because they are the last versions
of those compilers which can be linked into a standard PDS rather than a
PDSE.
--
I have a theory that it's impossible to prove anything, but I can't prove
it.

Pommier, Rex
2017-12-05 22:02:27 UTC
So this simply means we won't be able to order them any more, correct? IBM will still fix bugs and support the products for the foreseeable future.

Rex

The only reason I mentioned the above is because they are the last versions
of those compilers which can be linked into a standard PDS rather than a
PDSE.
--
I have a theory that it's impossible to prove anything, but I can't prove
it.

The information contained in this message is confidential, protected from disclosure and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, copying, or any action taken or action omitted in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.

2017-12-06 01:47:16 UTC
Post by Pommier, Rex
​S​
o this simply means we won't be able to order them any more, correct? IBM
will still fix bugs and support the products for the foreseeable future.
​Right. It is a kind of warning to be sure to make some very secure back
ups of the products because you won't be able to re-order them should they
somehow "disappear".​
Post by Pommier, Rex
Rex