NASA successfully fires Voyager 1 thrusters after 37 years
Add Reply
Mark Regan
2017-12-02 13:37:42 UTC

Experts at the agency's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California decided to
turn to four backup thrusters that were last used on November 8, 1980.

"The Voyager flight team dug up decades-old data and *examined the software
that was coded in an outdated assembler language,* to make sure we could
safely test the thrusters," said Chris Jones, chief engineer at JPL.

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/NASA_successfully_fires_Voyager_1_thrusters_after_37_years_999.html

Mark T. Regan

Wayne Bickerdike
2017-12-03 05:39:10 UTC
As Wallace and Gromit would say, "Shift Right Double as you Brake".

That's what a fellow Yorkshire colleague thought I said when I told him I
was using the SRDA instruction back in the 80's.
Post by Mark Regan
Experts at the agency's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California decided to
turn to four backup thrusters that were last used on November 8, 1980.
"The Voyager flight team dug up decades-old data and *examined the software
that was coded in an outdated assembler language,* to make sure we could
safely test the thrusters," said Chris Jones, chief engineer at JPL.
http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/NASA_successfully_
fires_Voyager_1_thrusters_after_37_years_999.html
Mark T. Regan
Wayne V. Bickerdike