Spool volume conversion
Vinoth M
2018-07-03 20:32:05 UTC
We are planning to convert mod-9 spool volume to mod-54spool volume, both
the volumes are online and now it’s in use.
I need to copy the data from mod-9 to mod-54 and then drain the mod9 volume
and return back to storage.
Can I go with $MSPL command or any other better way to do without IPL,
please share your thoughts.

2018-07-03 23:35:55 UTC
Depending on your windows for IPL

My favorite way is to

1) Add the new MOD54 and DRAIN the MOD9
2) IPL the system so that any STC/TSU are moved to the MOD54
3) Purge/route/OFFLOAD the remaining output on the MOD9

All done

I have not found the $MSPL as friendly as I would like.

You can use the JES2 OFFLOADer to offload the data on the MOD9 and so long as it is drained, reload it immediately to the MOD54

Vinoth M
Vinoth M