DFSMS dates, names, numbers and references for wiki
2018-08-17 15:15:58 UTC
Currently, DFSMS and Data Facility Storage Management Subsystem in wikipedia redirect to HSM, which is mind boggling. I believe that the best way to get past the Kafkaesque wiki bureaucracy is to write an article on DFSMS. For that purpose, I'd like to solicit whatever information you have, starting with the DF/... and DF ... products, on

Announcement dates
Product names and numbers
Manuals, preferably online

Also, if anybody is interested in collaborating on the writing, I'd welcome it. Thanks.

Steve Smith

Jim Ruddy
2018-08-17 16:08:44 UTC
Wayne Rhoten (Morgan Hill, CA) probably knows more than most. He was Mr SMS
until he retired from IBM in 2014. I don't know how to contact him but if
you could find someone who has contact information, he would be a gold
mine. I do know someone who *might* know how to get a hold of him if you
get stuck. I did do a bit of googling and checked LinkedIn and Facebook but
got nothing.

Jim
Post by Steve Smith
[citation needed]
Couldn't resist, but it's true.
Don Poitras
2018-08-17 17:34:29 UTC
Someone should let him know he retired as he keeps showing up at Share and
the IBM TDMs. :)
Post by Jim Ruddy
Wayne Rhoten (Morgan Hill, CA) probably knows more than most. He was Mr SMS
until he retired from IBM in 2014. I don't know how to contact him but if
you could find someone who has contact information, he would be a gold
mine. I do know someone who *might* know how to get a hold of him if you
get stuck. I did do a bit of googling and checked LinkedIn and Facebook but
got nothing.
Jim
Post by Steve Smith
[citation needed]
Couldn't resist, but it's true.
Post by Seymour J Metz
starting with the DF/... and DF ... products, on
Announcement dates
Product names and numbers
Manuals, preferably online
Also, if anybody is interested in collaborating on the writing, I'd
welcome it. Thanks.
Don Poitras - SAS Development - SAS Institute Inc. - SAS Campus Drive
***@sas.com (919) 531-5637 Cary, NC 27513

Jim Ruddy
2018-08-17 18:03:51 UTC
Great News! I have learned that Wayne is working part time at IBM and has
been contacted with the link. As said in the PM "hopefully he will respond".

Jim
Post by Don Poitras
Someone should let him know he retired as he keeps showing up at Share and
the IBM TDMs. :)
Post by Jim Ruddy
until he retired from IBM in 2014. I don't know how to contact him but if
you could find someone who has contact information, he would be a gold
mine. I do know someone who *might* know how to get a hold of him if you
get stuck. I did do a bit of googling and checked LinkedIn and Facebook
but
Post by Jim Ruddy
got nothing.
Jim