HMC Tree View vs. Classic - GOTCHA
Pinnacle
2017-05-19 18:36:42 UTC
Just a PSA to the group that if you modify an LPAR icon in Tree View, it
DOES NOT UPDATE THE ICON IN CLASSIC VIEW! I was trying to save time on
an IPL by modifying the activate profiles from Tree View, but when the
operator, who was using Classic View, kept IPLing with the old profile
and the old res volume. I was ready to hurt the operator until I
realized I had to get into Classic View and update the LPAR icons there.
What a PITA.

Regards,
Tom Conley
2017-05-19 20:54:32 UTC
Good gotcha to know about. But I believe that the clock is finally ticking on the Classic View, which unlike the Coke incarnation, is doomed to oblivion. We all need a hefty club.

Parwez Hamid
2017-05-20 06:52:04 UTC
Just a general comment. z13/z13s will be the last z Systems to support both Classics and Tree. This has been stated by IBM for a while now. Those who are bent on using Classic view will be very disappointed when the next z System comes along. Time to polish up on your Tree skills :-)