Problem Mounting File system
Add Reply
גדי בן אבי
2017-09-06 04:55:38 UTC
Hi,

We are in the process of building a new system running z/OS v2.2

When I try to mount a file system, I get:
MOUNT FILESYSTEM('CICS.V54.ZFS') MOUNTPOINT('/usr/lpp/cicsts/cicsts54') TYPE(ZFS) MODE(RDWR)
BPXF135E RETURN CODE 00000079, REASON CODE EF096055. THE MOUNT FAILED FOR FILE SYSTEM CICS.V54.ZFS.

In the system log, I see
ICH408I JOB(ZFS ) STEP(ZFS ) 467
CICS.V54.ZFS CL(DATASET ) VOL(G22UC1)
INSUFFICIENT ACCESS AUTHORITY
FROM CICS.* (G)
ACCESS INTENT(READ ) ACCESS ALLOWED(NONE )
BPXF274I FILE SYSTEM CICS.V54.ZFS 468
FAILED TO MOUNT.
RETURN CODE = 00000079, REASON CODE = EF096055

It looks like there is no user associated with ZFS.
I do have a profile in the STARTED class for ZFS.*

What can be causing this?

Gadi

לתשומת ליבך, בהתאם לנהלי חברת מלם מערכות בע"מ ו/או כל חברת בת ו/או חברה קשורה שלה (להלן : "החברה") וזכויות החתימה בהן, כל הצעה, התחייבות או מצג מטעם החברה, מחייבים מסמך נפרד וחתום על ידי מורשי החתימה של החברה, הנושא את לוגו החברה או שמה המודפס ובצירוף חותמת החברה. בהעדר מסמך כאמור (לרבות מסמך סרוק) המצורף להודעת דואר אלקטרוני זאת, אין לראות באמור בהודעה אלא משום טיוטה לדיון, ואין להסתמך עליה לביצוע פעולה עסקית או משפטית כלשהי. Please note that in accordance with Malam and/or its subsidiaries (hereinafter : "Malam") regulations and signatory rights, no offer, agreement, concession or representation is binding on the Malam, unless accompanied by a duly signed separate document (or a scanned version thereof), affixed with the Malam seal.

Sankaranarayanan, Vignesh
2017-09-06 05:12:19 UTC
The user ID ZFS doesn't have access to the CICS zFS file, which is protected by CICS.*

– Vignesh
Mainframe Infrastructure

[...]

MARKSANDSPENCER.COM
________________________________
Unless otherwise stated above:
Marks and Spencer plc
Registered Office:
Waterside House
35 North Wharf Road
London
W2 1NW

Registered No. 214436 in England and Wales.

Telephone (020) 7935 4422
Facsimile (020) 7487 2670

www.marksandspencer.com

גדי בן אבי
2017-09-06 05:14:40 UTC
I found the problem.

Gadi

2017-09-06 14:07:37 UTC
What was your solution?

Second, on z/OS Is a tool called bpxmtext use it on the reason code to
determine a possible issue/solution

In this case

Bpxmtext EF096055

Action: Ensure that the zFS file system named on the MOUNT command has the
same name as the VSAM Linear Data Set (and the HFS compatibility mode
aggregate) that contains the file system.

Lizette
גדי בן אבי
2017-09-06 14:58:44 UTC
The problem was that the ZFS address space had no user assigned to it.
Once I fixed that, which required an IPL, everything worked fine.

Gadi

2017-09-06 15:03:35 UTC
Post by גדי בן אבי
The problem was that the ZFS address space had no user assigned to it.
Once I fixed that, which required an IPL, everything worked fine.
Gadi
​IPL'ing is definitely the best way to go. But there is a way to restart
the ZFS address space with an IPL.
ref:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSLTBW_2.1.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r1.ioea700/stopzfs.htm

====

zFS can be stopped using the MODIFY OMVS,STOPPFS=ZFS operator command.
Automatic ownership movement can occur for both the z/OS UNIX owner and the
zFS owner. See z/OS UNIX System Services Planning
<https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.1.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r1.bpxb200/toc.htm?view=kc>
for
information about the various automove settings for z/OS UNIX file system
ownership. zFS aggregate ownership will move unless the file system is
unmounted by z/OS UNIX. zFS file systems that become unmounted will need to
be mounted again after zFS is restarted.
When zFS is stopped, you receive the following message (after replying Y to
message BPXI078D):

nn BPXF032D FILESYSTYPE ZFS TERMINATED. REPLY ’R’ WHEN READY TO
RESTART. REPLY ’I’ TO IGNORE.

When an LPAR is shut down without the orderly shutdown of zFS, it is likely
that recovery actions (automatic recovery on the next mount; if the mount
fails, it might be necessary to manually run salvager) will be necessary to
bring zFS aggregates back to a consistent state. In addition, some file
activity can be lost.
To restart zFS, reply *r* to message nn. (For example, *r 1,r*). If you
want zFS to remain stopped, you can reply *i* to remove the prompt. In this
case, zFS can be redefined at a later time using the SETOMVS
RESET=(xx)operator command. However, this can result in zFS file systems
becoming NOT ACTIVE. An unmount and remount is required to activate a file
system that is NOT ACTIVE. If you plan to restart zFS, you should reply r
to the message.
Note: Stopping zFS can have shared file system (sysplex) implications.
See Using
zFS in a shared file system environment
<https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.1.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r1.ioea700/a7syspc.htm?view=kc#a7syspc>
for
information about shared file systems.

====​
--
UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that
would also stop you from doing clever things. -- Doug Gwyn