zAware?
Add Reply
Styles, Andy , ITS zPlatform Services
2017-09-08 07:43:35 UTC
Classification: Public

Morning folks,

We've got a zAware partition running, but we've done almost nothing with since it was set up a couple of years back, so we're thinking of dropping it.

Does anyone actively use zAware?

Thanks,

Andy Styles
z/Series Systems Programmer

Lloyds Banking Group plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland no. SC95000. Telephone: 0131 225 4555. Lloyds Bank plc. Registered Office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales no. 2065. Telephone 0207626 1500. Bank of Scotland plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland no. SC327000. Telephone: 03457 801 801. Cheltenham & Gloucester plc. Registered Office: Barnett Way, Gloucester GL4 3RL. Registered in England and Wales 2299428. Telephone: 0345 603 1637

Lloyds Bank plc, Bank of Scotland plc are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority.

Cheltenham & Gloucester plc is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Halifax is a division of Bank of Scotland plc. Cheltenham & Gloucester Savings is a division of Lloyds Bank plc.

HBOS plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland no. SC218813.

This e-mail (including any attachments) is private and confidential and may contain privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete it (including any attachments) immediately. You must not copy, distribute, disclose or use any of the information in it or any attachments. Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded.

m***@gmail.com
2017-09-08 13:13:44 UTC
Hi Andy,

Good morning! Maybe I can help. I helped zAware users to get started, and can share some experience about zAware.

What's a good way for us to get in touch?

Patrick.

Karl S Huf
2017-09-08 16:47:04 UTC
I thought zAware went EOL this past June, having been replaced by IBM
Operations Analytics for z Systems (IOAZ)?

_______
Karl S Huf | Senior Vice President | World Wide Technology
50 S LaSalle St, LQ-18, Chicago, IL 60603 | phone (312)630-6287 |
***@ntrs.com
Please visit northerntrust.com
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication is confidential, may be
privileged and is meant only for the intended recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender ASAP and delete this
message from your system. NTAC:3NS-20

On Behalf Of Styles, Andy (ITS zPlatform Services)
Donald J
2017-09-08 19:24:46 UTC
We are continuing to use the zAware LPAR and its data, but not much with the zAware app.
I download the zAware data to my laptop, manipulate and filter it with scripts, and output
it to an updated web page every 10 minutes.

Anuja Deedwaniya
2017-09-11 14:14:47 UTC
Andy,
yes, there are customers actively using IBM zAware and getting value from it. Please feel free to reach out and we can discuss in detail.

IBM zAware was delivered with the EC12 and enhanced with the z13. The latest release IBM zAware 3.1 is available only with IBM Operational Analytics for z systems 3.1 (IOAz 3.1 ) as a software product.
IBM zAware 3.1 can run on EC12/BC12, z13/z13s and the newest z14.

The older firmware releases continue to be supported on the EC12 and z13, although no new licenses of firmware IBM zAware can be obtained. One would need to get the software release.
Thanks!
-Anuja Deedwaniya