Failed or Quiesced XCF groups/members
Add Reply
Leonardo Vaz
2017-08-11 14:50:38 UTC
Hello list!

I was reviewing our XCF groups and I noticed a few members that have been quiesced or failed a long time ago (up to 10 years ago).

Question: We are not really getting close the NAME(GROUP) limit of our sysplex CDS dataset, but how do you get rid of those garbage groups? I couldn't find any SETXCF command to do it, would I have to write my own APF authorized assembler program to use IXCDELET?

Thanks,
Leo

Bill Neiman
2017-08-12 13:56:51 UTC
Leo,

The sample JCL in SYS1.SAMPLIB(IXCDELUT) should do what you want.

Bill Neiman
Parallel Sysplex development

Leonardo Vaz
2017-08-14 14:15:03 UTC
Wow, thanks Bill! That is precisely what I wanted!

I didn't find any documentation on IXCMIDEL other than what's described on that samplib member. Would you know if there is something I'm missing or the IXCMIDEL utility is indeed undocumented?

Leonardo Vaz
2017-08-14 14:27:30 UTC
I just found it, it is documented under the real module name, IXCM2DEL, IXCMIDEL is just an alias.

Thanks again Bill!
Leo

Vernooij, Kees - KLM , ITOPT1
2017-08-14 14:29:42 UTC
I just happened to see it today in "z/OS MVS Setting Up a Sysplex", when I was looking for something else. See chapter: Deletion utility for XCF group members

Kees.