PGSER FIX returns CC = 18A Reason=35000301
Joe Reichman
2017-08-04 16:31:24 UTC
Hi,

I am getting an error for PGSER Fix that the storage has not been getmain'ed

I have tried different subpool(s) 0 and 10 with same result AND same
address was returned

Here is the storage macro whose storage I am trying to fix

USING VALSTOR,R3

LA R0,4095 GET LENGTH

AH R0,=H'1'

STORAGE OBTAIN, X

LENGTH=(R0), X

ADDR=(R7), X

BNDRY=PAGE, X

SP=10, X

LOC=(31,31)

*

* Page Fix Ws till SRB completes

*

LR R7,R13 Point to beg of WS

LA R8,4095(,R7) 4K

LA R8,1(,R8)

*

PGSER R, X

FIX, X

A=(R7), X

EA=(R8), X

ECB=0

Jim Mulder
2017-08-04 17:31:08 UTC
The answer is in the manual:

,EA=end add
Specifies the last byte on the last page of the virtual area for R
requests.

Your EA specifies the first byte on the next page, which is not
GETMAINed.

What are you doing in the SRB that requires this storage to be fixed
in 31-bit real storage?

Jim Mulder z/OS Diagnosis, Design, Development, Test IBM Corp.
Poughkeepsie NY
Joseph Reichman

Jim Mulder
2017-08-04 18:41:24 UTC
That does not require the storage to be fixed, unless you are disabled
or you are using a real address for the target of the copy.

2017-08-04 18:46:35 UTC
Post by Jim Mulder
That does not require the storage to be fixed, unless you are disabled
or you are using a real address for the target of the copy.
Jim Mulder z/OS Diagnosis, Design, Development, Test IBM Corp.
Poughkeepsie NY
​I probably shouldn't say anything, being rather ignorant of this area, but
if one wants to copy data directly from address space B (the target of the
SRB in this case) to address space A (the originator of the SRB in this
case), doesn't address space A need to be "non swappable"? I think this is
true when using AR mode or DAS mode (MVCS instruction ?).​

Joseph Reichman

2017-08-04 19:28:13 UTC
Post by Joseph Reichman
I made it non swapable
But that doesn't mean the virtual storage cann't get paged out
​Ah, I think that it is acceptable for a page fault to occur (on either
"side") when doing an AR mode MVC or a DAS MVCS/MVCP instruction. Normal
page fault resolution is done and the instruction is executed.​
--
Veni, Vidi, VISA: I came, I saw, I did a little shopping.

Joseph Reichman

Steve Beaver
2017-08-04 19:00:25 UTC
Why not us SP=245 that is a non-pageable subpool

Steve

Date: 08/04/2017 02:40 PM
Subject: Re: PGSER FIX returns CC = 18A Reason=35000301 Sent by: IBM
to ***@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN