ADRDSSU and ADR321E
Add Reply
PINION, RICHARD W.
2017-08-11 17:12:26 UTC
Does anyone have code for overriding the RC=8 from ADR321E and setting it to RC=4? I think this involves UIM23.
FIRST TENNESSEE

Confidentiality notice:
This e-mail message, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.

2017-08-11 17:42:18 UTC
It could help to see the whole message

But according to the message

The requested data set is not on the volume. The system might also issue this
message for a data set that is being migrated when DFSMSdss tries to process the
data set.

So you want this case you want to set an RC4 rather than an 8 - is that correct?

Behalf Of PINION, RICHARD W.
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2017 10:12 AM
Subject: ADRDSSU and ADR321E
PINION, RICHARD W.
2017-08-11 17:47:41 UTC
Yes, we have FDR and have some multi-volume data sets that get migrated. Due to the way FDR works, not all pieces of a data set may get migrated. Therefore, when ADRDSSU (we have plans to convert from ADRDSSU to FDRABR DUMP TYPE=APPL, but not right now) selects one of these data sets we get this message.

The requested data set is not on the volume. The system might also issue this message for a data set that is being migrated when DFSMSdss tries to process the data set.

So you want this case you want to set an RC4 rather than an 8 - is that correct?

On Behalf Of PINION, RICHARD W.

Gibney, Dave
2017-08-11 19:06:39 UTC
Well, the copy you are attempting will certainly be broken and useless.
PINION, RICHARD W.
2017-08-11 19:09:41 UTC
As it stands now, the error message is issued and the data set is bypassed. I would like to bypass the data set also, but give a RC=4. I want to treat it like the entire thing has been migrated.