IEC614I Scratch
Add Reply
Hervey Martinez
2018-07-09 18:39:10 UTC
We have instances where some GDG files don't get deleted while these are in ML1; thus, they end up generating errors during Secondary Space Management generating a RC=20 RSN=98.

I opened a ticket with IBM and they tell me that there should be an IEC614I Scratch message being generated and this is what we need to correct this issue.

I have not been able to locate this msg, I have looked in HSM, several hundred job listings and several days of syslog files for all of our LPARS. I can't seem to find this error.

Anybody have a clue as to where I can find this message in my system?

Mark Jacobs - Listserv
2018-07-09 19:01:40 UTC
Is it being suppressed either using MPFLSTxx or AutoOps? Either one can prevent the message from being written to the log.

Hervey Martinez wrote on 7/9/18 2:39 PM:

We have instances where some GDG files don't get deleted while these are in ML1; thus, they end up generating errors during Secondary Space Management generating a RC=20 RSN=98.

I opened a ticket with IBM and they tell me that there should be an IEC614I Scratch message being generated and this is what we need to correct this issue.

I have not been able to locate this msg, I have looked in HSM, several hundred job listings and several days of syslog files for all of our LPARS. I can't seem to find this error.

Anybody have a clue as to where I can find this message in my system?

send email to ***@listserv.ua.edu<mailto:***@listserv.ua.edu> with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN

Please be alert for any emails that may ask you for login information or directs you to login via a link. If you believe this message is a phish or aren't sure whether this message is trustworthy, please send the original message as an attachment to '***@meredith.com<mailto:***@meredith.com>'.

--

Mark Jacobs
Time Customer Service

The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.
Lt. Gen. David Morrison

This electronic message, including any attachments, may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). You are hereby notified that any unauthorized disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete it.

Hervey Martinez
2018-07-11 12:35:55 UTC
Hey Mark,

I normally are looking up parms. What parm library is this in? zos?

Hervey

________________________________

Mark Jacobs - Listserv

Is it being suppressed either using MPFLSTxx or AutoOps? Either one can prevent the message from being written to the log.

Hervey Martinez wrote on 7/9/18 2:39 PM:

We have instances where some GDG files don't get deleted while these are in ML1; thus, they end up generating errors during Secondary Space Management generating a RC=20 RSN=98.

I opened a ticket with IBM and they tell me that there should be an IEC614I Scratch message being generated and this is what we need to correct this issue.

I have not been able to locate this msg, I have looked in HSM, several hundred job listings and several days of syslog files for all of our LPARS. I can't seem to find this error.

Anybody have a clue as to where I can find this message in my system?

send email to ***@listserv.ua.edu<mailto:***@listserv.ua.edu><mailto:***@listserv.ua.edu><mailto:***@listserv.ua.edu> with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN

Please be alert for any emails that may ask you for login information or directs you to login via a link. If you believe this message is a phish or aren't sure whether this message is trustworthy, please send the original message as an attachment to '***@meredith.com<mailto:***@meredith.com><mailto:***@meredith.com><mailto:***@meredith.com>'.

2018-07-11 17:11:23 UTC
If you have Mark Zelden's IPLINFO - it can show which parmlib members are in effect and I think where they were loaded from

Mark Jacobs - Listserv
Hervey Martinez
2018-07-12 14:22:04 UTC
Well, I did the 'd mpf' and that message is not there. So, I'm assuming that the 'IEC614I Scratch' is being written out somewhere. Any ideas?

Hervey

________________________________

2018-07-09 19:28:38 UTC
So this is the message you expect?

IEC614I func FAILED - RC rc, DIAGNOSTIC INFORMATION IS (diaginfo) sss, ser, dsname DATA SET NAME IS IN USE BUT YOU HAVE AUTHORITY TO OVERRIDE THIS TEST

Routing code 11 Descriptor code 4

Do you have this code in SYSLOG HARDCOPY ?

If you are JES2, and use SDSF - go to Menu bar in LOG O and use FILTER for IEC614*

If you have a tool like OPS/MVS - Use OPSBROWSE and select message IEC614* place curser on an entry and hit Enter. It will describe in detail how the message is seen by z/OS and OPS/MVS

Look at the MPF list and the AUTOR00 member in SYS1.PARMLIB

Hervey Martinez
Ravi Gaur
2018-07-10 07:49:25 UTC
Please check the MPFLSTxx member hopefully it's suppressed as it does in our shop.

IEC614I,SUP(YES),RETAIN(NO),AUTO(YES) /* ADDED 03/15/01 */

2018-07-11 12:51:29 UTC
Someone posted the text of the IEC614I. Doesn't look like a scratch message to me.

Was initiates the deletion of the GDS? Roll-off due to LIMIT being reached? How is the GDG defined? Are the GDSs SMS managed?

--Peter Hunkeler

2018-07-12 21:37:20 UTC
Once again motivated to look for the message in recent OPERLOG. Found something I did not see a few days ago. This is apparently not the same case that OP described, but it is an instance of IEC614I SCRATCH FAILED. (There were a few other cases of the message, always from NDM/ConnectDirect, about not being able to extend a data set.) This instance looks to be SAF related according to all the other messages.

ICH408I USER(xxx ) GROUP(xxx ) NAME(xxx, xxx )
xxx.xxx.BACKUP.G0002V00 CL(DATASET ) VOL(xxx)
INSUFFICIENT ACCESS AUTHORITY
FROM xxx.xxx.* (G)
ACCESS INTENT(ALTER ) ACCESS ALLOWED(NONE )
IGD17105I CATALOG ERROR WHILE DELETING DATA SET
xxx.xxx.BACKUP.G0002V00
RETURN CODE IS 56 REASON CODE IS 6 IGG0CLFT
IGD306I UNEXPECTED ERROR DURING IGG0CLFT PROCESSING
RETURN CODE 56 REASON CODE 6
THE MODULE THAT DETECTED THE ERROR IS IGDVTSCU
SMS MODULE TRACE BACK - VTSCU VTSCT VTSDL SSIRT
SYMPTOM RECORD CREATED, PROBLEM ID IS IGD00181
---> IEC614I SCRATCH FAILED - RC 008, DIAGNOSTIC INFORMATION IS (040942D1),
PCI,xxx.xxx.BACKUP.G0002V00

2018-07-13 05:23:16 UTC
Once again motivated to look for the message in recent OPERLOG. Found something I did not see a few days ago. This is apparently not the same case that OP described, but it is an instance of IEC614I SCRATCH FAILED. (There were a few other cases of the message, always from NDM/ConnectDirect, about not being able to extend a data set.) This instance looks to be SAF related according to all the other messages.
Indeed.
Post by Jesse 1 Robinson
ICH408I USER(xxx ) GROUP(xxx ) NAME(xxx, xxx )
xxx.xxx.BACKUP.G0002V00 CL(DATASET ) VOL(xxx)
INSUFFICIENT ACCESS AUTHORITY
FROM xxx.xxx.* (G)
ACCESS INTENT(ALTER ) ACCESS ALLOWED(NONE )
IGD17105I CATALOG ERROR WHILE DELETING DATA SET
xxx.xxx.BACKUP.G0002V00
Is your EGN 'Enhanced Generic Naming' for dataset profiles turned on or off?

Your xxx.xxx.BACKUP.G0002V00 has 4 qualifiers, but the profile xxx.xxx.* has 3 qualifier.

Have a talk with your RACF support.