Running TSO TEST in Background
Joseph Reichman
2018-07-06 17:38:53 UTC
Hi

Would any one know if you can run TSO TEST as a background Job on either
IKJEFTSOEV or IKJEFT01

thanks

Jim Ruddy

Joseph Reichman
2018-07-06 19:44:57 UTC
We have analyze a big Assembler at work well binyamin Dessin helped with a call command at a breakpoint in which I could capture data
So if I cannot run it as a batch job

I can run a clist

Joe Reichman
170-10 73 rd ave
Fresh meadows NY 11366
Walt Farrell
2018-07-06 20:59:27 UTC
Post by Joseph Reichman
Would any one know if you can run TSO TEST as a background Job on either
IKJEFTSOEV or IKJEFT01
I would expect it to work under IKJEFT01 (and I vaguely recall doing that in the distant past), but probably it would not work in an environment established by IKJTSOEV.
--
Walt

Field, Alan
2018-07-06 22:19:40 UTC
I do it frequently for example:

//TSO EXEC PGM=IKJEFT01,REGION=8M,DYNAMNBR=75
//SYSOUT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSOUC DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*,RECFM=FB,LRECL=80
//SYSTSPRT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSTSIN DD *
TEST TEST(TEMP8)
EQ T .TEMP8
AT T+7C (L 0R:15R; L 15R?+130 XC L(8); GO)
AT T+84 (L 0R:15R; L 15R?+130 XC L(8); GO)
AT T+F4 (L 15R?+14D XC L(10); GO)
LB
GO
END