KC - z/OS 2.1 manuals no longer available
Vince Getgood
2018-06-12 13:23:32 UTC
The client I'm working at runs z/OS 2.1. z/OS 2.1 goes out of service this year, but IBM seem to have jumped the gin by getting rid of the knowledgecentre for it!

Now when I click on my saved link (which worked earlier this morming [UK time]), I get: -

Documentation for z/OS V2.1.0 is no longer available in IBM Knowledge Center.

While the product version and release remains in service, you can find information in the following formats:•Individual PDFs for downloading: https://www.ibm.com/servers/resourcelink/svcoo100.nsf/pages/zosv2r1-pdf-download?OpenDocument
•z/OS V2R1 Adobe Indexed Collection (all PDFs with full text search via the free Adobe Acrobat Reader): http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/zoslib/pdf/zosv2r1pdfcollection.zip
•IBM Knowledge Center plugins for downloading (for use with IBM Knowledge Center for z/OS): http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/zoslib/SSLTBW_2.1.0_4KC.jar.

For information about current releases of this product see http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW/welcome.

More information and resources are available at the IBM z/OS Internet Library: https://www.ibm.com/servers/resourcelink/svcoo100.nsf/pages/zosinternetlibrary?opendocument.

Why take this away IBM? Can't customers get access to manuals for a currently supported relase?

Blake, Daniel J [CTR]
2018-06-12 13:27:58 UTC
This one just worked for me

https://www-304.ibm.com/servers/resourcelink/svc00100.nsf/pages/zosv2r1-pdf-download?OpenDocument

;-D an

2018-06-12 13:39:36 UTC
Post by Vince Getgood
The client I'm working at runs z/OS 2.1. z/OS 2.1 goes out of service
this year, but IBM seem to have jumped the gin by getting rid of the
knowledgecentre for it!
​More likely they have been _drinking_ the gin! {grin - typo in above}​
.
--
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Emo Philips