IEAVAPE return code doc wrong?
2017-10-04 22:38:59 UTC
I'm looking at
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.2.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r2.ie
aa200/eaa9ape.htm return codes (decimal) 40, 44 and 48. The equate names do
not seem to go with the "Meaning."

In fact, as I look at little further, the symbol names do not correspond to
their values in IEAASM. In the manual cited above, IEA_PE_NOT_HOME is listed
as 40 (28) but in IEAASM it is

IEA_PE_NOT_HOME EQU 64 ('00000040'X)
Unauthorized caller may not
manipulate PE that was allocated
by a user in a different address
space

Am I confused or is the documentation wrong? It looks to me like the numbers
listed go with the explanation and are probably right but the symbol names
are wrong. Any other opinions?

Blaicher, Christopher Y.
2017-10-04 22:53:14 UTC
Go with the IEAASM definitions. Open a doc PMR.

Chris Blaicher
Technical Architect
Mainframe Development
P: 201-930-8234 | M: 512-627-3803
E: ***@syncsort.com

Syncsort Incorporated
2 Blue Hill Plaza #1563
Pearl River, NY 10965
www.syncsort.com

Data quality leader Trillium Software is now a part of Syncsort.

aa200/eaa9ape.htm return codes (decimal) 40, 44 and 48. The equate names do not seem to go with the "Meaning."

In fact, as I look at little further, the symbol names do not correspond to their values in IEAASM. In the manual cited above, IEA_PE_NOT_HOME is listed as 40 (28) but in IEAASM it is

IEA_PE_NOT_HOME EQU 64 ('00000040'X)
Unauthorized caller may not
manipulate PE that was allocated
by a user in a different address
space

Am I confused or is the documentation wrong? It looks to me like the numbers listed go with the explanation and are probably right but the symbol names are wrong. Any other opinions?

ATTENTION: -----

The information contained in this message (including any files transmitted with this message) may contain proprietary, trade secret or other confidential and/or legally privileged information. Any pricing information contained in this message or in any files transmitted with this message is always confidential and cannot be shared with any third parties without prior written approval from Syncsort. This message is intended to be read only by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed or by their designee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are on notice that any use, disclosure, copying or distribution of this message, in any form, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and/or Syncsort and destroy all copies of this message in your possession, custody or control.

2017-10-04 23:07:10 UTC
Yep!

to ***@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN