9 track reels 1600bpi
Add Reply
Peter Sylvester
2017-10-06 18:08:11 UTC
Hello,

I aml ooking for someone who can read a tape written in 1981.

9 track reel 1600bpi

preference in Europe.

It contains the source code of a compiler an run time for the first object oriented language SIMULA 67.

for the curious, binaries are in edelweb.de/Simula or on the CTTTAPE, or in turnkey4

Please respond to     mailto:***@gmail.com

Thanks in advance for any hint.

Best

Carmen Vitullo
2017-10-06 18:19:03 UTC
Even if you could find a drive, I'm not sure the media would be readable, 5,10 years tops, 1600 bpi , you may have better luck than 6250.
has the tape(media) been in a controlled environment the entire time? and even if it has..... I'd be curious if you can... good luck !

Carmen