ERBSCAN problem
Mark Pace
2017-06-21 15:03:42 UTC
I'm trying to run an ERBSCAN against a really large SMF file.

Please Wait... Copying to temporary VSAM dataset...

Then after a minute.

IEC030I B37-04,IFG0554A,MARPACE,IKJACCNT,SYSPRINT,B420,TMPL05,
SYS17172.T110243.RA000.MARPACE.R0116499
***

So my impression is that the Temporary dataset was defined to small and ran
out of extents. Is there some place where I change the default size of the
temporary dataset?
--
The postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent
Mainline’s positions or opinions

Mark D Pace
Senior Systems Engineer
Mainline Information Systems

J R
Mark Pace
2017-06-21 16:04:13 UTC
I'm not sure how I would that, or how to point ERBSCAN to use that dataset.
Post by Mark Pace
out of extents. Is there some place where I change the default size of
the
Post by Mark Pace
temporary dataset?

Mark Pace
2017-06-21 16:25:13 UTC
I used DDLIST and member to search for ERBSCAN and found it was a REXX exec
and I was able to modify the temp file allocations. It works fine now.
Post by Mark Pace
out of extents. Is there some place where I change the default size of
the
Post by Mark Pace
temporary dataset?

J R
2017-06-21 17:13:15 UTC
Its just that it was a temporary dataset allocated to SYSPRINT that got the B37 abend.