How Do I Search Current Year Postings?
Steve Estle
2017-09-30 20:29:10 UTC
Hello,

Fairly new to using these mailings / postings / system, so probably "newbie" question (is there a "list" for "how to" on this listserv system?)... My question is how do I search the current year mailings by keyword? Whenever I "Search Archives" it shows matches from 2005 backwards but not current "hits" in current months/years?

Thanks,
Steve Estle

2017-09-30 20:51:51 UTC
There are two archives for IBM Main. An old one and new one

Use this Url for the current archives

General MVS IBM-Main https://listserv.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html

If still having issues, post the URL you are using

Behalf Of Steve Estle
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2017 1:30 PM
Subject: How Do I Search Current Year Postings?
Hello,
Fairly new to using these mailings / postings / system, so probably "newbie"
question (is there a "list" for "how to" on this listserv system?)... My
question is how do I search the current year mailings by keyword? Whenever I
in current months/years?
Thanks,
Steve Estle
Steve Estle
2017-10-02 23:57:16 UTC
Hi Lizette,

Thanks for the feedback - it appears that when I use the "Search Archives" option (via webpages) I always get 2005 posts first, but I can get around it by using the "Since:" option (such as since 1 Jan 2017) then I get more current hits. It would be really nice if when I search I get chronologically descending from 2017 current date vs going to 2005 by default unless I enter the "Since:" option?

Possibly I'm doing something wrong - here's my overall URL:
https://listserv.ua.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind1709&L=ibm-main&F=&S=&P=653070

should that help - if supposed to be searching different archives not sure how I change that setting / preference?

Thanks,
Steve Estle

2017-10-03 00:17:55 UTC
Post by Steve Estle
Thanks for the feedback - it appears that when I use the "Search Archives" option (via webpages) I always get 2005 posts first, but I can get around it by using the "Since:" option (such as since 1 Jan 2017) then I get more current hits. It would be really nice if when I search I get chronologically descending from 2017 current date vs going to 2005 by default unless I enter the "Since:" option?
o Click on "Search Archives"
o Select "Sort By: Date/Time Desc"
o Enter additional search keys
o "Search"

Do continue using "Since:" to save resources.

Walt Farrell
2017-10-03 00:21:08 UTC
Post by Steve Estle
Thanks for the feedback - it appears that when I use the "Search Archives" option (via webpages) I always get 2005 posts first, but I can get around it by
using the "Since:" option (such as since 1 Jan 2017) then I get more current hits. It would be really nice if when I search I get chronologically descending
from 2017 current date vs going to 2005 by default unless I enter the "Since:" option?
It sounds like you should be using the Advanced Options rather than the standard search.
--
Walt

Scott Barry
2017-10-03 00:49:24 UTC
I have been unable to find a suitable search-command / URL-format for most-recent YEAR -- however I have a desktop icon (must be changed at start of each new-month, right-click->Properties and change string "indyymm") -- it gives me "month-to-date" in descending/chronological order....

"<choose_your_browser>" "https://listserv.ua.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A1=ind1710&L=ibm-main&F=&S=&O=D&H=0&D=1&T=1"

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

Gilson
2017-10-03 02:57:24 UTC
Dear list:

I'm facing issues to upgrade the Http Server (Apache) from version
8.5 to version 9.1

After update the binaries, I have kept the same httpd.conf and after
trying lots of time to start the server, I could see that there are a
lot of changes in terms of statements, directives, etc.

If somenone could give me the details on what are the changes and
what I have to do in order to have the server up and running again.

I'm upgrading the z/Os from V2.1 to V2.2 (RSU 1707).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Gilson

---
Este email foi escaneado pelo Avast antivírus.

Jousma, David
2017-10-03 10:49:23 UTC
I don’t have it handy, but there is a migration guide, or redbook available that documents the changes. We did this conversion a couple years ago when moving from 1.13 to 2.2. It wasn’t too bad.

Dave Jousma
Manager Mainframe Engineering, Assistant Vice President
***@53.com
1830 East Paris, Grand Rapids, MI  49546 MD RSCB2H
p 616.653.8429
f 616.653.2717

**DO NOT open attachments or click on links from unknown senders or unexpected emails**

Dear list:

I'm facing issues to upgrade the Http Server (Apache) from version
8.5 to version 9.1

After update the binaries, I have kept the same httpd.conf and after trying lots of time to start the server, I could see that there are a lot of changes in terms of statements, directives, etc.

If somenone could give me the details on what are the changes and what I have to do in order to have the server up and running again.

I'm upgrading the z/Os from V2.1 to V2.2 (RSU 1707).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Gilson

---
Este email foi escaneado pelo Avast antivírus.

For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email to ***@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN **CAUTION EXTERNAL EMAIL**

**DO NOT open attachments or click on links from unknown senders or unexpected emails**

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.

Nims,Alva John , Al
2017-10-03 14:58:24 UTC
Look for:
RedBook IBM HTTP Server on zOS Migrating from Domino-powered to Apache-powered
Or: http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/redp4987.html?Open

Al Nims
Systems Admin/Programmer 3
UFIT
University of Florida
(352) 273-1298

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.avast.com_antivirus&d=DwIGaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=0Ef64GJS77DVfhr5GGKZeQ&m=dqq3p95LanjhfgZ8tr3jgAsDfcuRmgViZ42xX9MuSoY&s=qyGyDACzuoNm8lYcXqDkKA1xe2GMNXNCSzM3J3zOUH0&e=

Chen, Ya-Fang
2017-10-03 19:15:43 UTC
Hi, Gilson,

When we upgraded from z/OS 2.1 to z/OS 2.2, we upgraded IBM HTTP server from 8.5 to 9.0 (Apache HTTP Server from 2.2 to 2.4).

Here is the document I used for the migration. There are examples of old and new ways to do the same access control in the document.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/upgrading.html

Thanks and Regards,

Ya-Fang

For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email to ***@listserv.ua.edu<mailto:***@listserv.ua.edu> with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN