DFHSM QUESTION - RECALLING SMS DSNS TO A SPECIFIC SMS MANAGED DISK
John Dawes
2018-07-06 14:47:49 UTC
G'Day,
Because of storage considerations I would like to recall some ML2 SMS managed dsns to a specific SMS managed disk.  I tried a few things e.g. :HSEND RECALL 'CICSV2.XPD2.A7060.ZFE1' VOLUME(ZFE315) -   UNIT(3390)                                            However the dsn was not recalled to the desired disk.  I thought of using the GUARANTEED SPACE storage class option as a work around.  I checked the doc (DFSMShsm Storage Administration Guide) but I could not find an example.  Is this possible to do?  If so, would anyone have an example to share?
Thanks.

Gibney, Dave
2018-07-06 18:43:33 UTC
1. Pull it back. 2. Move it with ADDRDSSU
2018-07-06 18:50:19 UTC
I don't think ADRDSSU will override the SMS specifications.

1. Pull it back. 2. Move it with ADDRDSSU
Because of storage considerations I would like to recall some ML2 SMS
managed dsns to a specific SMS managed disk. I tried a few things e.g.
:HSEND RECALL 'CICSV2.XPD2.A7060.ZFE1' VOLUME(ZFE315) - UNIT(3390)
However the dsn was not recalled to the desired disk. I thought of
using the GUARANTEED SPACE storage class option as a work around. I
checked the doc (DFSMShsm Storage Administration Guide) but I could
not find an example. Is this possible to do? If so, would anyone
have an example to share?
Thanks.
-- For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions,