IBM Health Checker and DISA STIGs?
Dyck, Lionel B. , TRA
2017-10-03 12:52:33 UTC
Wondering if anyone has any insights into if there is a tool that will relate IBM Health Checker checks with specific DISA STIGs?

Lionel B. Dyck
Mainframe Systems Programmer - TRA

Richards, Robert B.
2017-10-03 13:01:06 UTC
Not that I am aware of, but Vanguard Integrity Professionals might know. Their Configuration Manager uses STIGs as a baseline. I think they are at 6.33.

Bob

2017-10-03 13:13:13 UTC
There are a couple of products in the space, however just about all of them
address RACF. Vanguard tried to license ACF2 and Top Secret
But could not.

to ***@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN

ITschak Mugzach
2017-10-03 14:33:37 UTC
Hi lional.

We have IronSphere that does exactly this (have a look at
www.securiteam.co.il). HC is used for triggering checks that are loaded at
ipl time. Check reaults are sent to ironsphere server. It can collect check
results from many lpars including zos and Zlinux. Comming soon are agents
for as400 and zvm.

We cover all stigs and add some of ourselves. Stig diagnostic routines are
also triggered as a result of a change in security controls via racf
command exit and wto exits.

You can contact me for a demo if you wish.

Best
ITschak