Regitrating product prefix with IBM
ITschak Mugzach
2017-07-28 10:15:30 UTC
In a discussion about name-token vs user cvt, someone, I think it Scott
Ford, reminds that they registered their z/OS product prefix with IBM.
We would like to register the three characters if needed. Is there such
process? Who should I talk to?

ITschak
--
ITschak Mugzach
*|** IronSphere Platform* *|** Automatic ISCM** (Information Security

John Eells
2017-07-28 15:39:14 UTC
Post by ITschak Mugzach
In a discussion about name-token vs user cvt, someone, I think it Scott
Ford, reminds that they registered their z/OS product prefix with IBM.
We would like to register the three characters if needed. Is there such
process? Who should I talk to?
ITschak
You can start by sending a note to ***@us.ibm.com. You can ask for
a specific prefix, but there is an IBM-reserved range, and another
vendor might have registered the one you want already, so there are no
guarantees.
--
John Eells
IBM Poughkeepsie

2017-07-28 15:49:48 UTC
No. Discussed at some length here recently.

2017-07-29 01:06:41 UTC
[Default] On 28 Jul 2017 08:39:14 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main
Post by John Eells
Post by ITschak Mugzach
In a discussion about name-token vs user cvt, someone, I think it Scott
Ford, reminds that they registered their z/OS product prefix with IBM.
We would like to register the three characters if needed. Is there such
process? Who should I talk to?
ITschak
a specific prefix, but there is an IBM-reserved range, and another
vendor might have registered the one you want already, so there are no
guarantees.
Is there a site code that could be used by a site for local purposes
so that for example LOC would be the same on all systems and be
reserved for name token pairs and other uses unique to the site?
Obviously there would have to be rules within the site to prevent name
collisions just as each vendor has to prevent name collisions among
their products.

Clark Morris