Spool volume conversion mod-9 to mod-54
Add Reply
zos reader
2018-07-03 14:57:08 UTC
Hi,

We are planning to convert mod-9 spool volume to mod-54spool volume, both
the volumes are online and use now.
I need to copy the data from mod-9 to mod-54 and then drain the mod9 volume
and return back to storage.
Can I go with $MSPL command or any better way to do without IPL, please
share your thoughts.

Thanks,
Samat

zos reader
zos reader
w***@gmail.com
2018-07-03 20:35:08 UTC
You will need an ipl at some point to close long running tasks and SYSLOG. I looked at $MSPL a while ago, and decided to stick to spool add, drain the current spool, ipl asap and then wait a week or 2 for output to be purged. Any remaining output would be moved using spool offload/reload.

Willy